The 3 things that make a light GREAT for me are:

• Away From Wall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Close To Wall

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes I can't help myself, so please bare it/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif with me. I just gotta ask: Is there a right way to hang toilet paper or paper towel and why?

My vote is for: away form the wall, because it's easier to grab and less chance of jamming fingers into wall. Yet, in many government buildings it's the opposite. Could that be a clue as to why so much of our local and federal government seems to be in the crapper?

Yes, I have more important things to deal with but I'm attempting a little escapism.

avusblue

Enlightened
Now I can fully understand why Sasha has to continuously deal with increasing bandwith needs. I suppose I'm making it worse by bothering to comment, but . . . . this is ridiculous.

Dave

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, this may be superfluous, Dave, butt, did you vote and I couldn't find the "toliet" spelling?

I'm curious why some hang it close to the wall. Is it for a practical reason or just because you always voted that way? I suspect that, for many, it's just a forced movement or habit. This seemingly innocuous question may explain the logic sequence we employ. Also this may help to confirm the reasoning some use when they elect politicians that hurt them.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have this thing that sits on the floor and holds the toilet paper right @ arm's length.

it works beautifully.

keep that buttwipe away from the wall.

Nick B

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious why some hang it close to the wall. Is it for a practical reason.

If they have a cat it's for a practical reason.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I always hang TP and PTs with the end of the roll going up over the top (away from the wall). I don't have a cat, so it makes no sense to hang them backwards.
Toliet paper, paper toliets, bath tissue, whatever you call it, it's still bungwipe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
Like the Lieutenant sez boys, "Over the top".

About four years ago Wifey started puting it on backwards, I change it but she never changes it back. Think she's doing it just to tick me off.

If she keeps it up long enough to get to me I'll shift to plan "B" and put one of the Magical Dr. whiskypapa's Uneversal TP Holders on the wall. On wrong? Flip it over.

Any retaliation it's on to plan "EX".

Was on a water/sewer board for a couple of years, engineer said folders use less TP than wadders and a survey his Civ Eng class did showed 95% "Over the toppers" 4% underhanded and 1% other(???).

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
While some may feel this subject is over-the-top it also seems a little incongruous to be discussing it in a "Cafe" -yum!

"Other" might be like my wife and kids use it - just sitting on a table next to the throne. They go through so much that they don't take the time to "mount" it.

I gravitated to the basement can years ago to avoid never- having-the-necessary-supplies-at-hand-that-I-went-out-of-my-way-to-procure-in-the-first-place. The occasional spider, millipede, or noise down there keeps them away from MY bathroom and I'm never out of supplies.

kfasold

Newly Enlightened
See the results of the poll are somewhat skewed in the wrong direction! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Those voting 'over the top' must not have kids or cats.

As an explanation, picture your 18 month - 24 month old sitting on the floor batting at the toilet paper roll. If it's 'over the top', they are able to unroll it quite easily! OTOH, 'around the back' simply spins around.

Ditto for the friendly cat.

kf

(one of the proud 'near the wall' 2!

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
FYI I was looking at the instructions for installing toilet paper on a commercial 'lock-up' type fixture and it showed the paper going over the top. So that must be the right way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
At home we are an other. Ever seen an 'L' shaped holder that mounts to the wall pointing up?

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted for away from the wall. If you have a cat, puppy, or high maintenance children you will quickly learn to do it the other way.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
[ QUOTE ]
Bravo25 said:
.... high maintenance children...

[/ QUOTE ]
Good (or is that bad?) phrase /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Atrick-Pay

Newly Enlightened
Over the top,
The only reason to do it otherwise is to make it
hard to use (Public RR, Etc.)

Yes, I am the expert because I am a janitor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

turbodog

Flashaholic
I used to hang over the top until the wife started buying TP with texture on one side. Now we roll the other way so that when we fold it, the grippy side is exposed in the correct difection. Like mudgrips for your butt.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer the TP to come off the roll from the back side, underneath. It's just the way it was at my house growing up, so I'm used to it.

tylerdurden, wad

BradN

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
turbodog said:
Like mudgrips for your butt.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

thanks for the laugh.

I'm on over the topper myself, the wife like the paper exactly opposite. I always change it, just to irk her...I'm so mean.