SureFire M3LT-S Disassembly

medicwagon

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, so I've tried to disassemble my M3LT-S so I can use the KX9-T head on my surefire forend. I've tried the boiling water trick as well as a heat gun and it still won't come apart. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

medicwagon

Newly Enlightened
Tried that too, I'm pretty sure an 800 pound gorilla on PCP torqued it down. :thinking:

Vee33

Newly Enlightened
Apologies for the necropost BUT has anyone found a solution to this? I too am trying to pop this head off but its torqued on like a mother.

tuelleric

Enlightened
In the WTS section there is a sales threat of a M3LT, where desert.snake posted a picture of a disassembled head. Maybe he can help you.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm here)) This was done by my friend. Need to warm longer + looking for powerful keys.

Like here procedure

it uses the same thread lock as in the small lantern, but its just bigger, more flooded, so you need to heat more and more power, power, and press slowly slowly, gently

but you need a big key and pieces of rubber to clasp the head and not to spoil the anodizing with the help of teeth on the jaws of the key

or band pipe wrench

1_1.jpg

but here you also need to put pieces of rubber in order not to make a dent on bezel

Last edited:

tuelleric

Enlightened
You should probably start with the band pipe wrench. That other pipe wrench looks a bit scary...

altermann

Enlightened
Easy, but it's requires special driver, i sm very satisfied with huuge light it's now producing