*** The First FOURSEVENS Announcement of 2018

pc_light

Enlightened
Interesting development.

I wonder whether this mean the future 47 product line going more boutique, or the Prometheuslights having a relatively more mainstream channel?

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good match!
Jason certainly speaks High CRI, and has experience with importing Chinese lights, made by Lumintop.
Now he adds Olight to his production options.

I'm happy to see the DarkSucks.com website expanding its product offerings.
I predict more Titanium Pocket Clips and more Fancy Metal lights.
25988741058_1dd40dabc1_c.jpg

A Copper Beta started my Love affair w Nichia, thanks to Jason.
The Beta/Worm head legoes with a Maratac and a Ti3 too
IMG_7419.JPG

IMG_0204.JPG

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Great news and congratulations! I have about 15 of your ti 1" pocket clips lol they are wonderful. I still havent pulled a the trigger on one of your lights but i can see that changing now

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's no mention yet of how Fourseven's previous excellent warranty will be treated, but many folks believe that, to use the valuable marketing assets of the old name/trademark, one should also bear the liability of the old warranties. Here is an example (in another industry) of cherry-picking assets that turned a dedicated/loyal customer base off. Hope Jason can avoid something similar.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/gerbings-will-no-longer-honor-their-lifetime-warranty.979661/

Personally, I've been very happy with the durability and reliability of my Fourseven collection, and that's why they have rec'd most of my flashlight dollars.

Swordforthelord

Newly Enlightened
There's no mention yet of how Fourseven's previous excellent warranty will be treated, but many folks believe that, to use the valuable marketing assets of the old name/trademark, one should also bear the liability of the old warranties. Here is an example (in another industry) of cherry-picking assets that turned a dedicated/loyal customer base off. Hope Jason can avoid something similar.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/gerbings-will-no-longer-honor-their-lifetime-warranty.979661/

Personally, I've been very happy with the durability and reliability of my Fourseven collection, and that's why they have rec'd most of my flashlight dollars.
When the majority of the 47's accessories and parts were never clearanced I thought that was a good sign that the warranties would be honored. However many of those same components are now on a certain auction site.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats Jason! When David said that the new owner was also a Flashaholic, my hopes were high. Now I know my hope was well founded. For any who don't know Jason, his QR lights and other products are awesome, he is well versed and likes high CRI LEDS. When I was a newbie flashaholic, I emailed Jason about a light I was building. Not only did he answer my emails(multiple), he took the time to educate me on several aspects. His quality assurance and quality control are excellent. I am still sad to see David go, and he will forever have my respect and admiration for the company he built, his uncompromising integrity (even in the face of being unjustly litigated by Su**fire), and the innovation and incomparable customer service. Like Chance, I am grinning ear to ear and that loud clap you heard was not thunder, but Chance & I "high fiving" from 3 states away. I can't wait to see where this goes. Thank you David Chow, for all you have done. Thank you Jason Hui/Dark Sucks/Prometheus Lights/Four Sevens for all you will do...

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
When the majority of the 47's accessories and parts were never clearanced I thought that was a good sign that the warranties would be honored. However many of those same components are now on a certain auction site.
There would be no warranty on items purchased from a 3rd party. Typically how it was if You bought direct, the warranty was direct, If You bought through a dealer, warranty was through that dealer. You are correct in stating that any of the final clearance sales were all sold "All Sales Final", with no warranty. All warranty work typically required proof of purchase(an order invoice from your FourSevens account) to obtain an RMA# for warranty repair.

I'm sure Jason is working on this and many other aspects.
It is good to voice your questions and concerns.
They will be addressed and worked out through future announcements.

Esko

Enlightened
I must agree with other posters, this looks pretty promising. When my long time EDC ReVO SS died ( :( ), I replaced it with a copper Beta QR 1,5 years ago. I am looking forward to seeing the new Foursevens. It would be nice if David stayed in forums, too.

Swordforthelord

Newly Enlightened
There would be no warranty on items purchased from a 3rd party. Typically how it was if You bought direct, the warranty was direct, If You bought through a dealer, warranty was through that dealer. You are correct in stating that any of the final clearance sales were all sold "All Sales Final", with no warranty. All warranty work typically required proof of purchase(an order invoice from your FourSevens account) to obtain an RMA# for warranty repair.

I'm sure Jason is working on this and many other aspects.
It is good to voice your questions and concerns.
They will be addressed and worked out through future announcements.
I'm not saying items sold either on clearance or by a 3rd party should have warranties; my thought process is that parts and accessories are important to fulfilling warranty claims.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I don't use Facebook nor Instagram only Twitter. I was once a fan but need more conventional means of contact. I like to read about it.

thesnark17

Newly Enlightened
I will also be interested in seeing what happens with the warranty. I lost my old Quark Pro just after the site closed (RIP - it was my EDC for 5 years...) and found that my backup Pro is less than 50% functional (only low modes work, which ones work varies by voltage. Yes, the threads are clean). Never fear, easy warranty process... uh oh...

I sure hope that the warranty doesn't go away entirely!

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't use Facebook nor Instagram only Twitter. I was once a fan but need more conventional means of contact. I like to read about it.
You don't have to have a Facebook or an Instagram account, You can view only posts/videos without an account:thinking:
Jason's Instagram posts can be viewed directly from the home page of Prometheus Lights by Scrolling down and You will see the list of most recent uploaded photos/videos You can click on. Facebook You just click not now from the login/signup popup and You can read. Hope this helps.

I will add Twitter links, Thanks for the bump.

Last edited: