• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS-->2nd $ Drop Maxa Beam "Ready to Run"

skillet

Enlightened
WITHDRAWN FOR NOW

For Sale:

Maxa Beam MBS-450
S/N 3761 G2-15

Information I received from Peak Beam about this searchlight:

--------------------------------

It looks like you have a vintage Maxa Beam that was manufactured in 1993. I don't know which movie you first spotted the MB in, but if it was Jurassic Park then you may be happy to know that your searchlight is likely the exact same version as the one that appeared in that movie.
C:\Users\KERR\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif

Here are the basic characteristics that your light would have had when new:

• 6,000,000 CandlePower (high beam)
  • Motorized beam width (1° spot to 40° flood)
  • Strobe mode
  • Xenon short arc lamp (500 hour life)
  • 75 Watts (high beam)
-----------------------------------

Includes cable I made for it and also as an added bonus, (1) LiPo battery[3s 4000mAh] You will be able to illuminate your far away surrounding soon as the sun disappears into the west. My cables are terminated with Deans style connectors(non OEM) as that is the type I have used around home for years on various projects and such.
You will need to source your own battery charger. But wait..--> you can ALSO use the 12V Vehicle power adapter (cigarette lighter type) I will include at NO EXTRA CHARGE.. Call now! Supplies limited! AND, I will include a printout of the PDF instruction manual Peak Beam provided to me.

$600
$550
$525 shipped Paypal, MO or check (would consider overseas shipping at actual cost (NO BATTERY for that)

I can email or text more photos

1-C1-E2-A6-D-C0-D4-4-DFF-A42-B-68-EE7-A003693.jpg
28-F3057-E-2-A77-40-BD-9114-09-A59371-B04-A.jpg
17-E9993-E-F545-4674-80-A6-D16-D6-D63-BB4-A.jpg
6-FEEA2-C3-949-B-4037-9-A7-D-90-CA93-CBBEB2.jpg
201-D7-E27-1499-4-EAC-84-D8-8-A4-F7-AE856-AD.jpg

Last edited:

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS--> Maxa Beam "Ready to Run"

Any idea on specs? Like beam distance and lumens? Awesome classic thrower that I've always wanted to own, but given the more modern throwers, like my BLF GT with upgraded board and XHP 70 pushing 8K lumens at 2000meters, I hate to be redundant.

Rasher

Enlightened

Any idea on specs? Like beam distance and lumens? Awesome classic thrower that I've always wanted to own, but given the more modern throwers, like my BLF GT with upgraded board and XHP 70 pushing 8K lumens at 2000meters, I hate to be redundant.

This will eat a GT XHP 70 for lunch. Well over double throw distance.

scout24

Flashaholic

The Maxabeam will comfortably throw a mile. I'll admit I've read this sales post more than a couple times... :)

BVH

Flashaholic

Every CPF member should own/have owned one of these gems at some point in their "career" here at CPF

Skawri

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I'm fairly interested.

For Sale:

Maxa Beam MBS-450
S/N 3761 G2-15

Information I received from Peak Beam about this searchlight:

--------------------------------

It looks like you have a vintage Maxa Beam that was manufactured in 1993. I don't know which movie you first spotted the MB in, but if it was Jurassic Park then you may be happy to know that your searchlight is likely the exact same version as the one that appeared in that movie.
C:\Users\KERR\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif

Here are the basic characteristics that your light would have had when new:

• 6,000,000 CandlePower (high beam)
  • Motorized beam width (1° spot to 40° flood)
  • Strobe mode
  • Xenon short arc lamp (500 hour life)
  • 75 Watts (high beam)
-----------------------------------

Includes cable I made for it and also as an added bonus, (1) LiPo battery[3s 4000mAh] You will be able to illuminate your far away surrounding soon as the sun disappears into the west. My cables are terminated with Deans style connectors(non OEM) as that is the type I have used around home for years on various projects and such.
You will need to source your own battery charger. But wait..--> you can ALSO use the 12V Vehicle power adapter (cigarette lighter type) I will include at NO EXTRA CHARGE.. Call now! Supplies limited! AND, I will include a printout of the PDF instruction manual Peak Beam provided to me.

$600
$550
$525 shipped Paypal, MO or check (would consider overseas shipping at actual cost (NO BATTERY for that)

I can email or text more photos

View attachment 10897
View attachment 10898
View attachment 10899
View attachment 10900
View attachment 10901

Skawri

Newly Enlightened
I get that I'd have to find my own battery charger, but does it not come with the original battery? Thanks.