Are we ever going to see some new Bluetooth models?

There were a few Quarks with limited Bluetooth support, now that Prometheus has taken over is there any chance we'll see these again, and will they support Android this time?

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
There were a few Quarks with limited Bluetooth support, now that Prometheus has taken over is there any chance we'll see these again, and will they support Android this time?
Yes, there are plans to implement an Android compatible app with the next release. I will check on the progress for You.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, there are plans to implement an Android compatible app with the next release. I will check on the progress for You.
The Smart Quark's development has been slowed dramatically. The original team that developed the Bluetooth application is not available to work with Jason on building the Android version. I may take a long time, but eventually there are plans to develop and release an updated version that supports both Apple and Android.

Jambo

Newly Enlightened
Good luck, I hope it works out. I was with David from when I started buying Fenix's, all the way through to 47's and now have my Q16L on pre-order with you. Sorry to say I launched my bluetooth light into the bin in frustration in the end, although I loved the premise. it was riddled with bugs and faults was unusable.

archer6817j

Enlightened
I just discovered the app is no longer being offered at the Apple App Store. What's the deal?

Hey Chance, we are trying to figure this out. Apparently it's not that easy to transfer ownership of an Apple developer account :) It will be back up eventually.

As far as new models, we are still focused on getting the core product line back up to speed before tackling that. Unfortunately there is a huge amount of time and money required to get the BT program back up and running. It basically takes a hardware, software, and app developer to work together to do "anything" with the platform.

The original developer (who did all of it) is no longer available. Normally this would be three different engineers. Let me know if you know anyone knows some unicorn that can handle all of that :) My lowest hanging fruit is just a firmware rev that fixes some of the current obvious issues...but that's a lot harder than it sounds. Part of the bugginess is that he wasn't an expert in all of those fields.

As far as an Android app, there's better support for that today than there was during the initial release, but it's going to be many tens of thousands of dollars to get that done. I've been contemplating a browser based method where you could hook up the light to a USB port on any computer to skirt around the platform issues. But again, I don't have anyone in my pocket (or the fat stack of cash) required to get that done at the moment. We can dream though :)

Jambo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the effort, sounds almost insurmountable! I'm sure we all appreciate you trying.

Last edited: