Front filter size AceBeam W30?

DBO6

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys ... long hiatus from buying flashlights, but I recently went on a spending rampage buying a couple of new toys - one of which is an AceBeam W30. I know the light ships with a red screw on filter. Question is - has anyone toyed with other filters or diffusers that fit the threaded head?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
There is a youtube video of a guy with a filter on it.This light really intrigues me. It's pretty useless I would think for something like search and rescue do to zero spill but to put a spot of light at insane distance there is no equivalent.this is relatively new technology so my mind goes crazy when I think what it will be in say 5 years.

DBO6

Newly Enlightened
There is a youtube video of a guy with a filter on it.
Was that the review video where he held the perspex diffuser sheet in front of it (i.e.like the one from an office fluorescent light)

DBO6

Newly Enlightened
Yea, given the threaded end, there must be something cool you can do to the front of that torch other than blind people two kilometres away. I had absolutely no need for one - just intrigued by the tech more than anything. Will hopefully get it in the mail today and will do some fiddling.

harro

Enlightened
I could see the point of a coloured filter for the W30, but at 500 lumens, I wonder how effective it would be with a clear diffuser? Maybe there are better flooders out there for that purpose, but then if you want to carry just one light, and need range for SAR, then some flood for close up, then...….

I remember Eagletac ( Eagtac :ironic: ) used to make a really nice screw in clear diffuser for their M2 and M3 series of lights. I think I have 3 or 4 of them floating around here somewhere. A male thread of about 45 or 50mm dia at a guess. I could measure it if anyone is interested.

Hahahaha, imagine it with a red filter, on top of a hill or tower, and you are dead inline with the beam looking into it, I wonder what sort of distance it would be visible from???? I'd venture a guess of probably 30kms ( 18 miles for imperialists ) or better. Hmmm, sounds like a plan, now, if only I had some hills around the place.

:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just tried my new w30 with the included red diffuser - kind of a joke - red led light is better.
I also held my 60mm Olight diffuser on my W30 and it made a nice diffused beam. It's about 3 mm to big. Some electrical tape could make it fit

Taswegian

Newly Enlightened
I received my W30 the other day with a white diffuser.
Has a great spill and now the light is usable for close up stuff.

daffy

Enlightened
I bought a green filter for mine, made a very slight difference.
Then i got a W10 v2 and it's streets ahead of the w30 for any spill with or without a filter plus much easier to cart around.