• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: FluPIC JIL DD sandwhiches! Pics! $30 - Special till 1/2/06

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
FS: FluPIC JIL DD sandwhiches! *NOTICE*

I have finally done it. You can find my other thread about all the details but the final product is a sandwhich and a ring that drops into the JIL DD to give it HDS like capabilities.

For all those that want to know, the fit of the sandwhich is perfect. You need not purchase anything else like a thinner mineral glasss lense or anything. Also, I have been able to make the sandwhich so thin, the splash proof, dunkability of the JIL has not been comprimised.

Pricing for the sandwhich is $35. This includes the FLuPIC module all soldered with a gold plated emitter board. Int shipping included.

I have the following luxes available for those who want a complete assembled drop-in. The price will be that of the sandwhich + the price of the lux.

TWOH - $15 (In Stock!)

Edit: Please add $5 for shipping to anywhere. Delivery confirmation can be added but at a high price. I can not be responsible for lost goods!

PP Cash: [email protected]
PP CC (+4%): [email protected]

Last edited:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 15 FluPIC JIL DD sandwhiches! Pics!

I'd like to purchase a completed drop-in.
I'd like to be able to use disposable CR2's which emitter would you recommend?
PM sent.

Geogecko

Enlightened

:paypal: FOR:

1 x FLuPIC V2.1 for JIL DD
1 x UYOK Luxeon on a Gold Plated Emitter Board
1 x Custom Ring

Now I just need to get a JIL DD...:popcorn:

GS. I plan on using a RCR2 in this particular light, but what would I expect if I were to use a primary in it? Off hand, I can't remember what the K forward voltage is on the U bin. I would assume that the primary CR2 would be direct driving from the beginning, no?

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

Geogecko said:
:paypal: FOR:

GS. I plan on using a RCR2 in this particular light, but what would I expect if I were to use a primary in it? Off hand, I can't remember what the K forward voltage is on the U bin. I would assume that the primary CR2 would be direct driving from the beginning, no?

Yes, it would be in DD from the beginning and you can imagine it won't be that impressive with a K VF and DD off primaries.

If you want to DD, TWOH is a good choice. Tell me quick if you want to change your order

Geogecko

Enlightened

goldserve said:
Yes, it would be in DD from the beginning and you can imagine it won't be that impressive with a K VF and DD off primaries.

If you want to DD, TWOH is a good choice. Tell me quick if you want to change your order

Negative. I will stay with the U bin. This will be my first experience with rechargeables, so I'll give it a go.

My only concern is keeping mine, and my wife's JIL DD from getting mixed up (hers will just be a standard DD, nothing else), or having her put an RCR2 in her DD. I don't think it will be an issue, I'll just have to let her know.

EDIT. Who knows, if I like the FLuPIC enough I may have to upgrade hers with it. I might just use the Lux that comes with the DD for hers though...

Darn it, hold on, just go ahead and send me another FLuPIC for hers...PP on the way...:ohgeez:Thinking about that got me nervous...

EDIT PT 2. So, I will have a little soldering to do with hers, right?

Last edited:

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just apply a little thermal compound, doesn't even have to be epoxy...cause the reflector sits on the collar and gives it pressume when you screw down the cap. Thanks, two, one with emitter and one without emitter will be shipped tomorrow. Thanks.

Luman

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: 13 FluPIC JIL DD sandwhiches! Pics!

I'll take:
one (1) FluPIC JIL DD sandwhich
and
one (1) TWOH emitter.
PP sent!

Thanks,
John

Last edited:

Geogecko

Enlightened
Re: FS: 12 FluPIC JIL DD sandwhiches! Pics!

Nice pictures. I didn't realize you were switching packages on the PIC, must have been the only way to get it thin enough, huh?

It looks as if you are including an emitter board, even when you don't buy the Luxeon, correct? Is this because the emitter board that is in the DD is too thick, in combination with the FLuPIC? I assume that the emitter shipped in the DD then, is just soldered down, and doesn't have a thermal glue, right?

Wow, that makes my installation very easy. Thanks.

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast

Geogecko said:
Nice pictures. I didn't realize you were switching packages on the PIC, must have been the only way to get it thin enough, huh?

It looks as if you are including an emitter board, even when you don't buy the Luxeon, correct? Is this because the emitter board that is in the DD is too thick, in combination with the FLuPIC? I assume that the emitter shipped in the DD then, is just soldered down, and doesn't have a thermal glue, right?

Wow, that makes my installation very easy. Thanks.

To get the boards thin enough was a combination of many many things. FLuPIC boards, emitter boards, PIC...

Yeah, the pic is now the thinest part and the LDO regulators are thicker now =P The draw back is it takes twice the time to solder these things up because the PIC is leadless! (hence the increase in labour costs)

Yes, I will have to include an emitter board because the original is too thick. The added cost also arises because of the emitter board and gold plating =P

The emitters that I will be shipping will be some kind of thermal paste and not epoxy. My rationale is that the reflector is no longer sitting on the ledge and the pressure from the cap will press on the collar of the emitter and onto the board. You get to change emitters relatively easily!

Cheers!

AW

Newly Enlightened

One sandwich for me, please.
PP on the way.

AW

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 8 FluPIC JIL DD sandwhiches! Pics!

Cash PayPal on the way for 1 completed drop-in with TWOH.
Thanks!

Geogecko

Enlightened
Re: FS: 7 FluPIC JIL DD sandwhiches! Pics!

GS, is there not a smaller package PIC than you were using, that at least still has leads on it? I would think they would make one that is about the same height as the regulators.

That looks like a lot of work. What are you doing, soldering a wire to each pad on the chip, then soldering down the wire to your modified footprint? That's the only way I can see you doing it, and reliably getting a connection to a pad that is under the chip, especially hand soldering. Nice work though.

Looks like these will be a sell out pretty soon. I wouldn't give it until the end of the week, before they are gone.

You'll have to get some more custom rings made!

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 7 FluPIC JIL DD sandwhiches! Pics!

The parts are almost pad compatible with the SOIC parts. The good thing is that the leads are exposed on the side of the package so some flux and a fine tip is all that is required.

I need to buy some emitters. What do people want?

TWOJ
TWOH
TYOH
UXIK
UYOK