More dumb Cree questions from me! This episode - Cree in KL3?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know I'm driving you guys nuts, but bear with me!
From what I gather, the KL3 is a buck circuit only, which means it delivers 350ma to the emitter regardless of what kind of emitter is in there, correct? With Crees' puching 100 lumens at 350ma, could I put one in there? If so, I will try it with the optic first, but if I dont' like that, I'll try it with the Mcr38 reflector. Any advice on that idea?

Another idea would be to run a K2 in the KL3 if the Cree won't work...

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
KDOG3, you are one busy guy. I think current to KL3 is closer to 450mA's, but I may be wrong. Surefire's new Cree based lights well use something other than a reflector to focus the beam. Hasen't Milkyspit tried a Cree with an optic, KL1? Not sure. A Cree at 350mA's to led will probably not deliver 100 lumens out the front, and I bet it will be closer to 65 lumens, if that.

The better lux V lights can output 100+ lumens, and are not picky about what kind of light engine you use, doing really good with a single LiIon (boost), or multiple batteries (buck). True, you don't get the lux of a Cree or Lux III, but you do get that great overall light output.

Bill

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok. I see what your saying, the window will cut down the output a little... but if it is running at 450ma, the output will be a little better. Maybe 80 lumens? I just ordered a HA C2 and KL3 so well see when it gets here...

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arrgh. I see there isn't a 38mm reflector for the Cree yet. Now the Seoul version as a beam pattern more like the Luxeons right? If I use that one maybe the regular 38mm reflector would work? If not, I'm considering get the 27mm for the Cree and seeing if it will work in there.