What is this green laser, and how do I mod it?

HenryE

Newly Enlightened
Bought this as a LEADLIGHT, but it doesn't match any of the images here, and it certainly doesn't have visible ports or simple means to reach the pot - yet you just know it's in there somewhere.

Good build quality, very bright, solid, BIG, but I suffer from the CPF syndrome and want more...

Last edited:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Does it look like this?

532-1.jpg

I found this on Ebay not long ago, advertised as being a Leadlight, when in fact, it is not.

(Edit a short time later)
I clicked on your photograph, and your laser is definitely not the same as mine.

Last edited:

Frankdux

Newly Enlightened
HenryE, I have the exact same laser unit as you, I was told it was a leadlight when i purchased it from ebay..

I am too trying to figure out if indeed it is , and how to mod it..

let me know if you find anything

Thanks
Frankdux

Athoul

Enlightened
Normally you need to remove the power button in order to gain access to the pot. However depending on the model it may not be near the switch and you will need to take the thing aparts in order to gain access to the driver board.

Frankdux

Newly Enlightened
I have taken it apart and tweaked the pot, the beam is bigger and brighter, but it starts dim and goes brighter after a sec. is that normal ?

it also has trouble turning on some times. is that normal ?

SuperNinja

Enlightened
Frankdux said:
it starts dim and goes brighter after a sec. is that normal ?
APC will do that.
Same thing happens on my modded luckyduck leadlight 110.

It will fluctuate, and then stabilize. Sometimes it stabilizes while it is at a low or medium output, and sometimes it stabilizes while its at a high output.
Sometimes I have to turn it off and back on again once or twice, to catch it while it stabilizes on high.
It tends to have a much easier time stabilizing on high output when the batteries are fully charged.

dr_lava

Enlightened
If it is a 110, you will see, in the laser barrel, a slanted glass at the tip held by black plastic that is the power feedback sensor. If it is a 110, search this forum for the 110 mod thread. the best way to get the stable, brightest, output, after modding is to do the constant current mod in that thread.

Wurf

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

This total noob got his first green laserpointer last week.:naughty:
Bought it on eBay for € 31,-. The sticker says <10mw
Was shipped from HongKong.
Reading about all those tweaks and mods I opened up my brandnew pointer.
It is exatly the same one as shown above. Looks VERY crappy inside, like if it was assembled by a blind man or something. Sloppy soldering.
Anyway, I tried to do some pot-modding, but the results are the same as the ones above. The dot looks brighter for a few seconds, and the goes back to normal.

Does anyone know what kind of pointer this is?
What is the right mod, without destroying it?

Regards from The Netherlands

Marcel