The weird thing is...

EsthetiX

Enlightened
You never know how extremely handy/useful these small EDC lights actually are until you start carrying one with you!

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the same with pocket knives and multitools.

I got by without lights and my S.A.K for many years, then after I started carrying them I thought "how did I manage without these?"

CFU

Burgess

Flashaholic
How true.

At the risk of over-simplifying, we could almost state that
Darkness is no longer something to be avoided or feared.

With very little cost and effort, an EDC flashlight gives us
an almost "super-human" ability to "see" in the dark.
Anytime. Anyplace.

Yet, even now, the non-flashaholics still just don't "get it".

(sigh)

alanagnostic

Enlightened
They're not just for darkness anymore. I've found that I use mine during daylight hours indoors. I used to just get by trying to see something in the shadows...now I have my edc to shine a light on the problem. I also wonder how I got along without an edc.

tedjanxt

Enlightened
They're not just for darkness anymore. I've found that I use mine during daylight hours indoors. I used to just get by trying to see something in the shadows...now I have my edc to shine a light on the problem. I also wonder how I got along without an edc.

best post ever

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Also very useful for finding small items that dropped to the floor. You can stare an eternity at the general area where your better halfs earring dropped and never see it. Shine a light parallel to the floor and the long shadow cast by the earring gives away its location immediately... This trick is a great way to get the unenlightened to start edc-ing a light, even if it's just a fauxton or something...

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Nothing better than a flashlight beam to find a contact lens on the floor. If I drop one I'll tiptoe to the side and start shining the flashlight along the floor. Usually find it pretty quick.

Geoff

roguesw

Enlightened
i found a really good use for flashlight
put it on the floor and it shines the light across the floor
its great way to search for lost things as it cast a long shadow
and also, a good way to check the dust level in your room
my gf had cleaned her floors and it looked clean until i put
the light on the floor and we saw how much dust was actually on the floor

math314

Newly Enlightened
A flashlight is also very useful for finding puddles (so you don't step into them!) during heavy rainstorms at night!

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast
I decided that years and years ago if you gonna look for something on the floor as long as its indoors or outdoors on smooth surfaces you can just shine along the surface and it will pop right out.

CQB

Enlightened
Yup! My newest EDC light: an Inova Microlight on a lanyard around my neck. Simple, definitely NOT the brightest of my bunch. But it's there when I need it - and it's there when I didn't even know I needed it! ;) Dont know if the newer brighter Nichia LEDs were used in the more recent production runs for the Microlight or not, but I still am surprised how freakin bright this light is!

Just picked up 10 from Target for last-minute Christmas gifts. Cant' go wrong @ $6 USD each. :) Here in Canada I've seen them for $20+ CAD each!

Latest posts