Who has gone 150 MPH on a Motorcycle?

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a very irresponsible post to put out there. Who knows how many impressionable young people will take the challenge and try and top this. Now that I've put the disclaimer out there, me too. Or, I used to on my way home from work at rascals comedy club. It was all downhill on the interstate on my ninja so it was pretty easy. I used to lay down on the bike to cut down wind resistance. One night, i flew past a trooper doing around 140. He turned his emergency lights on then off again to get my attention. Like a dummy, I lifted my head up and almost got ripped off the bike from the wind pressure. I stopped doing that...

markr6

Flashaholic
165mph. Stupid. Crazy. Good times in my early 20s. You can get killed walking your doggie.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have not, but i did ride the wall of death, even thou i was not going more than 40, if was one of a kind experience.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
...at what speed does the name change from motorcycle to donor cycle?

I sure hope that this is being done on a closed course otherwise that would be "court appearance" illegal.

Sure the rush of being propelled at those speeds would be adrenaline inducing, but one patch of sand or a critter coming across your path and that rush turns into a struggle for life.

Sometime motorcyclist take others out with their donor-cycle.

Maintain the posted speed limit while on publec roadways, otherwise, you're a menace to society.

fN4yFNw.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It just occured to me the RED may have done it on a race track....

A friend of mine had a crotch rocket for a while. He said at 120 (on a track) his back cramped and he sat up. He said the cramp was better than being a parachute and layed back down really quickly.

harro

Enlightened
Yes, on a track. VERY SCARY. Run off areas and walls loom very quickly. On a public road, NEVER. Irresponsible and a danger to myself and others. Not saying we shouldn't have bikes capable of that, moreso that we should accept the fact that we will come off second best in the event of an accident, and that we should have the appropriate mindset when riding a motorcycle. We've all seen the idiots on YouTube vids who are just crazy when astride a motorcycle. :fail: