anyone else getting: Customer Account activation emails from Malkoff Devices?

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I received 2. The second one didn't let me activate the account and confused me. Luckily, I went to the first email sent and that worked fine.

Outlander

Newly Enlightened
I figured it was a phishing scheme, so I deleted.

No way am I clicking on that link.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe Gene might be transitioning his site to Shopify point-of-sale software from whatever he was using before. He'd have to chime in and confirm that but a quick trip to the site reveals that he's done a substantial redesign and that all the content is now hosted on Shopify's servers. He likely loaded in his user account info into their software package to save people the hassle of recreating their accounts on the new platform.

Maybe he'll stop by to confirm.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
One explanation is that the new provider requires recipients to confirm their willingness to receive emails. But the announcement doesn't do the best job of explaining that. Malkoff Vices also sounds like a new and interesting development ;)

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gene posted this in the Malkoff Junkies Thread today...
Hello All,

You have to click the link and then create a password. We recently updated the website/shopping cart. The new cart requires this as the passwords couldn't be transferred. I accidentally sent the email to both acct holders and non acct holders. You don't have to accept the invite if you don't want to.

I also stopped the process about halfway through because of all the unanticipated confusion it was causing. If you didn't get an email, please contact us and I will send an invite with a clickable link. Also if you purchased from us in the past and don't mind reviewing a product, we would appreciate it. We lost some of the reviews in the transfer process. Especially the ones on flashlights and turnkey lights.

Thanks, Gene

Last edited by Gene43; Today at 05:30 AM.

Nuff said.
P