what's the best clicky option for a black Surefire? SW02? Z49?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
so I've got a few black Surefires I plan on using as hosts for drop-ins (don't get too excited, they're just black 6P bodies, nothing special).

so I need some better than the stock Z41 twisty momentary switch. I'd love to get my hands on SW01 (either the regular or "slim" version) but that'll probably cost too much. that being said, which clicky switch should I get? is there a difference between SW02 or Z49?

I want, at the very least, a forward clicky, but a shroud like on SW02 or Z49 would be even better! :)

thanks guys, please help me out here haha

FPSRelic

Enlightened
AFAIK the Z49 is the only black shrouded clicky switch available from Surefire. It's also by far the cheapest option of the three these days. You could also upgrade your current switch with a McClicky upgrade and get a derin tail shroud.

archimedes

Flashaholic
so I've got a few black Surefires I plan on using as hosts for drop-ins (don't get too excited, they're just black 6P bodies, nothing special).

so I need some better than the stock Z41 twisty momentary switch. I'd love to get my hands on SW01 (either the regular or "slim" version) but that'll probably cost too much. that being said, which clicky switch should I get? is there a difference between SW02 or Z49?

I want, at the very least, a forward clicky, but a shroud like on SW02 or Z49 would be even better! :)

thanks guys, please help me out here haha

The Z59 might be what you are looking for ... C-series, BK (HAIII) finish, unshrouded, forward clicky.

The SW01 is not a clicky at all. The SW01 and SW02 are both HA (natural). The SW02 is shrouded with "flanges", while the Z49 is shrouded and knurled.

BTW, the shrouds on these are not the most stable for tail-standing, since they are relatively tall and appear to be made of rubber (compared with the shorter/wider Delrin plastic aftermarket shrouds).

Last edited:

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several SureFire lights with SW01. Very nice *twisty* switch. Easy to operate in any position. They are difficult to find now. I've had mine a long time. I love them! I have one SW02 which I don't really like. It was originally a weapon light switch and designed so it would not come on accidentally. It is, however, a practical switch if you want to use your light in a rugged outdoor situation where other switches could be damaged. I have installed many McClicky switches on Surefire tail caps and find them very useful in almost all situations. I can recommend the McClicky. I also have several lights with the Z59 Surefire clicky. Those are nice too.