keychain size flashlight with an unfocused aspheric, would this be possible?

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right now one of my favorite lights for close to mid range use is the romisen rc-29, I just love the light it puts out when set to flood. I don't believe any keychain sized light exists with an aspheric, but would this even be possible or practical? Or would the space required for the optics just make it too large? I wouldn't need it to be able to zoom, just be set to flood at all times.

I guess something more like a zebralight with no reflect at all would make more sense, but I think an aspheric would be cooler, both because I like the output of an aspheric and because I don't like having an unprotected emitter.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's my understanding that the Zebralight floodlights do have a lens over the emitter to assist in shaping the beam.

But I've never seen one in person, so please don't assume I know what I'm talking about.

--flatline

KuKu427

Enlightened
In a word. Yes.
The question is, is this diffused enough?
P1050716x.jpg

Or is this?
wide.jpg

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
The second one looks great! What is it?
:popcorn:

I mean the first one is nice too, but I was thinking of something more like the second one.

Last edited:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very cool, what kind of emitter is in it?
I don't think I can afford a custom light at this moment in my life, but maybe some day.....
Out of curiosity, whats the first one?

KuKu427

Enlightened
Very cool, what kind of emitter is in it?
I don't think I can afford a custom light at this moment in my life, but maybe some day.....
Out of curiosity, whats the first one?
The aspheric on the bottom is an xp-e. The light on top is also a custom LF2XT. But that one is running an xp-g with a smooth beam TIR.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for my ignorance, what is a smooth beam TIR?
(I assume the R is for reflector?)

KuKu427

Enlightened
Total internal refraction is right. Smooth beam just means the hotspot and the spill blend together without sharply defined borders or boundries.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried using the search to track down that custom aspheric lf2xt, but couldn't find anything about it? Care to point the way?

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll have to do some digging. I think I'd prefer aluminum though. Looks like exactly what I was thinking of though, thanks!

juplin

Enlightened
I have many mini unfocused aspheric flashlights :naughty:
01-Family_S.jpg

The right most flashlight is what Paul Baldwin mentioned.
All other flashlights are based on AAA.
Counting from the right most flashlight, the second one is the AAA version of said button cell version.
Third and fourth ones were modded from original LF2X and LF2.
Fifth one is LF2XT Titanium aspheric version.
Sixth one was modded from VERSATI ET10.