My Olight Open 2 Saga

I'm a big Olight fan and collector. So a while back when they came out with the Open 2, I had to have one. I even bought two, one to keep and one to carry. What could be a better pen?

And then the blue Open 2 comes out. My favorite color is blue, everything I own is blue. So the black Open 2 is retired, now I'm carrying a cool blue pen, what could beat that?

How about a solid copper one Olight asks, the Open 2 Cu? Ah, crap, I have to carry a copper one, the blue goes into retirement. At last, my EDC pen.

Then Olight says here is you Titanium Open 2 with your name engraved on it! None for sale, only gifts. Well, that sort of nails it down, Ti.

And now Olight asks how about the Open 2 Zr, made from Zirconium. And we'll engrave your name if you'd like. :eek:oo:

My only question, what next? Brass would be a step backwards. Depleted uranium? Tungsten?

Do you buy a new I Phone every time a new one comes out?
I still have my flip phone. :cool: Really, never touched an iPhone or Android, my flip runs Brew. I have a friened who I named Rule Z for. Rule Z: "If it's newer it must be better and you should switch."

But it's OK to want to have the newest version of a think or two.

And Olight hasn't given up. I left you readers with a Zr pen with my name engraved on it. Now I have a blue (of course) Open Pro with green laser and my name engraved on it.

I'm still hoping they go for gallium.