I bought my first Surefire

Lonewolf

Enlightened
I ordered an E1 HA (the only finish to get IMHO) from AGR as well as a beamshaper and SC1 I hope this will help me make a more informed decision when it comes time to order the E2e. I am making this my test run to see if SF's are worth the money. I contemplated buying an UK2L but I kept hearing about the inconsistency of the beam quality.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the E2 before getting the E1 but the E1 will give you a taste of the Surefire beam quality. Picture the E1 with a slightly bigger hot spot and being about three times as bright and you will have an E2.

I had a post on the E series beam shaper earlier with my first experience using them. IMO, it makes the E1 beam too weak but is a perfect accessory for the E2. Others say they like it better on an E1 so it is purely a judgement call.

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Actually I figure the main purpose the beamshaper will serve is to protect the lens but it is also compatible with the E2 bezel.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 5BY5:
Actually I figure the main purpose the beamshaper will serve is to protect the lens but it is also compatible with the E2 bezel.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, the beamshaper will alter the beam significantly. When in use, it will diffuse the beam to a much more wider even lighting, somewhat similar to the characteristics of an LED output. Of course the tradeoff is an elimination of your hotspot and much less "throw."

Lonewolf

Enlightened
geepondy I knew that but the beamshaper can stay on the bezel when I carry the light in my pocket to protect the lens that was the point I was trying to make I guess I wasn't clear enough.

DArklite

Enlightened
Geepondy where did you order your E2 from?
I'm in the market for one now.
wink.gif