Rechargeable Battery Pack Power Supplies

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried this on a different sub-forum, but received no replies yet. Surely someone in The Cafe' must have some experience with this:

Your posting in the Gadgets forum has been closed, with a link pointing to this thread. Please refer to CPF rule #7. - Empath

We had a quick one hour power outage earlier this week and it prompted me to break out the rechargeable battery pack that I bought on closeout for $20 from Target a year or so back. It has a built in 120 volt inverter. I had not used it at all for many months and two of the three lights still lit on the available power. Anyway, I may buy another one of these sometime soon and I am just wondering if anyone has seen any reviews of these at all. I sort of enjoy reviews where they compare similar products and rate them. I am thinking of going to a local retailer and posibly buying the largest battery pack that I can find that has a built in AC power inverter. I realize that I cannot power my 42" plasma TV on this very long, but often times just being able to keep the alarm clock powered up overnight can be very valuable.

CNC Dan

Enlightened
I have a 24AH "jump pack" that I got from Harbor Freight. It was the biggest battery pack that I could find. It doesn't have a built in inverter, but I use it with any one of three inverters I own.

I have a 140 watt inverter that just plugs in to the lighter socket.

I also have a 350 watt inverter that came with a lighter plug and a set of battery clips. For lighter loads I can use the lighter plug, and for heavier loads, I atach the clips to the battery cables of the jump pack.

And then I have a 750 watt inverter that I atach to the jump pack via an industeral connector (SB-50) used for electric pallet jacks.

Last time I lost power, I watched a DVD.

Dan