Which McE2S tail cap?

Numbers

Enlightened
Which McE2S tail cap do I want for my L4?
Standard, Bald, or Flattop?
15 or 22 or any other ohm level? (do they all run equally well with the KL4?)
How do I decide? How many lumens does each resistor level produce?
Your opinions please (and thank you)

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
well... I just got a flat top (shortest model)... i find that using 3.7~4.2 protected li-ion batteries makes the 2nd stage almost exactly where I want it... I have the 22ohm resistor... you get candle function and its the hair trigger model... which I find very nice... its not as easy to hold in 'cigar' mode since its so low profile... but thats worth it to me since it makes it a lot smaller in diameter...

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can help narrow it down to two tail caps for you:

from what I remember (I might be wrong) but... I remember Don saying he was out of the Standard tail caps and he didn't plan on making anymore.

with that said I have a flattop on my TW4 and I love it.

doug

Numbers

Enlightened
Ok flattop it is.
But what resistance level do I need. I think that since the L2's low level is 15 lumens that would be a good number to shoot for. Anybody know which resistance level tail cap would get the my L4 to 15 lumens (like the L2) on the low setting?
Also, I see these tail caps on the lighthound website, is anybody else selling them?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
The resistance depends on the battery configuration you'll use.
When using 2x123 you might aim for 15ohms or even 10ohms as 15lm isplenty bright ... and if on 1xLi-Ion I don't think you'll get 15lm with a McE2S ... or try an even lower resistor.
You might have a look at the Aleph-FAQ that can be reached via the sticky threads in the McGizmo forum to learn more about possible resitor values with various combos as I am not too experienced in this area ... and my guesstimates might be a bit off.

You can also ask the guys of the Aleph Builders Group ... Darell, tylerdurden, Chop (storm victim and out of order right now), kj and JollyRoger as well as the Sandwich Shoppe.

bernie