surefire U2 HA

wuyeah

Enlightened
Everyone, does surefire U2 HA ever existed? or it only has black version.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Since you didn't include a pic of one, Al, I have to conclude that even you don't own one (one being a prototype).. Am I correct? :)

wuyeah

Enlightened
well, black is nice....but kind of stood up too much with other SF lights. Doesn't look "over all" nice.

Stand out is good or bad really base on personal taste. I prefer if a HA color is available. If not, U2 is a awsome light. By far the best LED from SF line.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
They probably went with black because the twist ring is black and the clip retaining ring is black. It might not have looked so good in natural HAIII. I'd love to see a picture of one though. :)

wuyeah

Enlightened
I am so surprise that how many BK fans out there. Come on, there must have someone who prefer Surefire icon olive HA on the U2.

Man,.....i got no supporter in the thread.

WDR65

Enlightened
Wuyeah,
I like the idea of it matching my other Surefire lights. Though I can get most of mine in black HA right now I like the regular green for some reason also. They just look tough to me for some reason, not to say the HA black ones don't but I really like the regular finish.

Dudley

Size15's

Flashaholic
One doesn't "own" proto-types in this sort of situation.
It is possible that I did evaluate a proto-type U2.
May be there were a whole series of proto-types and that a means of determining whether a "U2" was a production sample was whether it was black or not???

al-u2a.jpg

Al

P.S.
The U2's in the photo posted above are Black HA.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
wuyeah said:
I am so surprise that how many BK fans out there. Come on, there must have someone who prefer Surefire icon olive HA on the U2.

Man,.....i got no supporter in the thread.

I prefer my lights in HA NAT. Really like the colour, makes them stand apart form other lesser lights. Some Black HA lights look too much like the soft black anodize on cheaper lights.....

BTW I have one light in HA BK... and would've loved it to be NAT

Sverre

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I don't really care if it is HA-NAT or HA-BK ... as long as it looks good :D
It is a human thing that we always want what we do not have ... and as we can hove both now I am strangely satisfied :eek: .
bk

wuyeah

Enlightened
Question for "Size15's".

I have seen your link on Surefire Vice President PK's website. So I assume that you might link closely with Surefire.

I already own a U2. Should I be expecting to see U2 in HA NAT color version in the coming 2006 year or later? or it is never gonna happen since U2 is already a big seller??

Someone have said that U2 might be out dated soon for a newer model in CPF. Are those rumor reliable??

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
wuyeah said:
Question for "Size15's".

I have seen your link on Surefire Vice President PK's website. So I assume that you might link closely with Surefire.
I'm friends with PK and SureFire. We're not married though! (no contract, agreement or whatever)

I already own a U2. Should I be expecting to see U2 in HA NAT color version in the coming 2006 year or later? or it is never gonna happen since U2 is already a big seller??
The U2 will not be released in HA that I'm aware of. However, I am not aware of everything (or even most things!)

Someone have said that U2 might be out dated soon for a newer model in CPF. Are those rumor reliable??
If I've read correctly there will be more lights based on the U2 "platform" and "concept". Afterall, I'm sure that SureFire want to spin off concepts developed as part of the DARPA project into released products.
When? No idea.
What? No idea.
How Much? No idea.

Al