How do you carry your U2?

wuyeah

Enlightened
Hi, Got the L2 yesterday. Don't like it. Seems like U2 is the best way to go for Surefire LED. Since owning an A2, lost my reason to have a L2 in hand.

But.

Alot of you guys says U2 is your EDC.
How exactly do you EDC an U2?
It is not exactly a small flashlight.

Unless you can wear cargo pants to work EVERY DAY. (Which is awsome)
I start to have too many gadget that I carry every day...maybe one day or eventually...I will feel the need for a purse to walk around.

How do you carry your U2?

Bradlee

Enlightened
Personally, I use a belt sheath (bought from 'House of Knives' here in Canada), and I know there are a number of sheaths available which fit it. I know some people don't like things on their belt, though. I also have a lanyard on my U2; I put a small clip on this lanyard so that I can clip it to one of my belt loops for added security.

"Standard weekday Belt EDC" (U2 and pencil sheath):
10023378tb.jpg

Total side note: I can't figure out why no-one else carries pencils/pens in a belt-mounted sheath; it is really handy as a student.

-Brad

Last edited:

Spydie

Newly Enlightened
Total side note: I can't figure out why no-one else carries pencils/pens in a belt-mounted sheath; it is really handy as a student
Because I enjoy my sex life too much to lose it...:ironic:

I usually just carry my U2 in my pockets. Unless your wearing skin tight pants, standard jeans should be able to hold it. I'm not sure how tall you are but I'm 6'1 and most of my pants have enough pocket space to hold the U2 on one side and my folder, keys, and change in the other.

Bradlee

Enlightened
Spydie said:
Because I enjoy my sex life too much to lose it...:ironic:
Hmmm...maybe there is a small geek factor to it :ohgeez:, oh well.

Good thread, wuyeah, I'll be interested to see how most carry their U2's as the clip does well facilitate pocket carry.

-Brad

Brangdon

Newly Enlightened
I don't EDC mine, but I often have it in a jacket pocket or waist pack. I've removed the pocket clip as I found it too intrusive when holding the torch. I've like a lanyard but haven't yet figured out how to attach one.

wuyeah

Enlightened
Spydie said:
Unless your wearing skin tight pants, standard jeans should be able to hold it.

Really. I don't wear skin tight pants, but I am only weight 110 pound. With Levi skinner 27/30 Jeans. Their pockets are pretty shallow. People might thought i have a "hard on" puting a U2 in my front pocket. :bump:

(might be a good idea with ladies... :naughty: )

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
Yeah, I don't have any problems at all carrying mine in the front pocket of whatever pants I have on. I EDC mine. But like the other guy, I'm 6'1" too. I don't think it's a big light.

fasteddie

Enlightened
I keep one U2 in the house and one in the car, so I don't have to carry it unless I'm using it. When I do have to put it away, it fits pretty well in a front or back pocket of my jeans. If I need a light that will be in my pocket for a period of time, I'm carrying an HDS or a Jets22 silverbird. The one big plus I find in the U2 over the one cell lights is that I can set the U2 on a low setting and tuck the U2 under my arm when I need both hands free.

U2 needs a strobe setting and some tritium and I think it might just be the perfect light.

Last edited:

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is about a year U2 is my EDC.

I wear formal attire at work, since I teach. The U2 is always bezel down and clipped to the pocket. I tightened the clip further. The light is almost unnoticeable. I tried to carry in holster, but il limits my moviment and posture.
I don't use anymore a lanyard to avoid to loose the light, since it was limiting its range of use; also, because the U2 never moves by itself in the pocket, being less problematic of, as an example, of a smaller E2e.

Anthony

TorchMan

Enlightened
In a Ripoffs holster, right side. I've had the Gladius in there as and EDC since Monday or Tuesday night though, but almost always been the U2 for the last three months or more.

wuyeah

Enlightened
I though I am right handed. I feel more reasonable to carry flashlight in left pocket. Since. You will need your right hand to draw a gun/knife.

tracker870

Enlightened
Carries well bezel down with no discomfort in front right pocket, but cannot be in there if CCW is a Nemesis holster. Pocket carry of the U2 will work fine with strongside IWB or OWB 3:30-4:00 carry.

Latest posts