7w luxeon LED? Lumileds? USA?

not2bright

Enlightened
Is it an LED light? It is in the Luxeon section, but the page doesn't say Luxeon.

No photos of the business end, and no claims of LED.

Could be a 7 watt incan, especially for that price.

mccavazos

Enlightened
My blind guess here it that somone saw the word 7W on the package and when entering it into the website noticed that there was already a section that classified lights in W, and placed it there. But thats an entirly blind guess. Could be 1 Lux 5 and 2 lux 1's, if so thats a great price, even for just the emitters. or maybe 2 lux 3's and 1 lux1? :shrug: Im betting that its just an inpt error.

Chris

legtu

Enlightened
A Lux V running @ 1A+ should be around 7 watts. It's one of the reasons why a Lux I shouldn't be called a Lux 1w, and so on... ;)

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
StoneDog, Actually there have been W Vf LuxV's!! CPF member "flash...." had to score 3 of them in his 6D fraen tri-lens maglight for use with 6 NiMH batteries as other Vf's where too low and would fry. That was back in the day... I loved the pictures of that thread.. :)

ledled

Newly Enlightened
It's it's a lux clone, then its possible that it's a true 7W. But no one knows long this LED will last .

idleprocess

Flashaholic
If you look up an outfit called "American Bright," they have 7W units (8W actual power consumption), but they're inefficient at <20lm/W and permanently bonded to fairly large heatsinks.

I want to say that GE was working on UV+white phosphor LEDs that scaled to 7W.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
IsaacHayes said:
StoneDog, Actually there have been W Vf LuxV's!! CPF member "flash...." had to score 3 of them in his 6D fraen tri-lens maglight for use with 6 NiMH batteries as other Vf's where too low and would fry. That was back in the day... I loved the pictures of that thread.. :)

Good times... :)

lexina

Enlightened
can't imagine a real 7W luxeon going at that price ($27.56) anyway

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's the reply I got for Dae
popcorn.gif

Hi Dan,

thank you, I'll collect more info and tell you guys more about it :)

Best regards!

Dae Xu
[email protected]
[email protected]
2005-12-03

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
none of the part for that flashlight have even been close to the USA! lmao

LEDite

Enlightened
Just received my 7w Golston from Dae.

And it appears to be a LUMILEDS LED.

The star LED is pressed into an aluminum holder which I haven't got apart yet. Here is a photo of the LED star:

7w.jpg

I also found that a #17670 Lithium battery fits just fine in the battery compartment for longer run time. The current is right at 600 ma.

I did some quick comparisons compared to my QuickSilver III (3W-18650 Lithium) and the 7W visually looked roughly about twice the light output with the 3.6 V rechargable lithium 123 batteries which are driving the LED to almost 2 amps. The tint of the 7W was whiter compared to the slight greenish tint of the QuickSilver 3W.

The 7W w/17670 was less, but still brighter than the QuickSilver III with a #18650 lithium cell.

All in all, it looks like a good light for rechargables and for mods.

Larry Cobb

Last edited:

InfidelCastro

Banned
Oh boy.. this looks more interesting than the Quicksilver V.... and for half the price.. wonder what the runtime looks like?

lexina

Enlightened
InfidelCastro said:
Oh boy.. this looks more interesting than the Quicksilver V.... and for half the price.. wonder what the runtime looks like?

Buy both! I have ordered one of each (QS V on offer from emillion now) and waiting eagerly now.