I got a KL3 recently,

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
a new black one and I put it on my 9P. The combo is beautiful. Its got a retro look with a 21st century attitude. True the output is no where near the P90/P91 but you just can't beat it's combo of throw and runtime! I plan to use the incan lamps and when they start to fade use the KL3 to finish off the batteries.

The KL3 is bulky, but coupled with the 9P tube it is a very well balanced unit that just feels good in the hand. Did I mention it is also beautiful? The beam outside of the hotspot is very ringy. This will be a great camp and night hike light.

Any suggestions on a carrier for the incan bezel and LAs/KL3 head?

Am I now a "Flashaholic" with my 100th post?

Thanks for sharing this moment.

Kelmo

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need a beamshaper!.. My G2 with Black KL3 and beamshaper is the perfect combo..

You need flood, you've got it, you need throw, flip the top: VWalla!
-tom

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
kelmo - you're talking about "new generation", yes?

Another GREAT combo is with the 6P, 6Z, or Z2 and an A19 battery extender. Makes for very versatile carry!

resizeofnewkl3blk41ak.jpg

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cornkid - Whats the model number on the beamshaper?

Sigman - Yes, just like yours. Black is definitely in this season! You have a beautiful setup my friend.

I've got a bezel, 2 P60s, 2 P90s, a P61, and a P91 lying around. Maybe its time to visit LightHound and get a 6P body, A19 extender, and tailcap...

SolarFlare

Enlightened
Sigman - thank you kind sir :grin2:

Cornkid - its an SW02 ask John (surefireparts, lighthound) he'll get you one :grin2:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Nice looking combo, SolarFlare!
I love the SW02, too, IMHO it is SF's best looknig tailcap :devil: ... and the new-design KL3 is quite cute, too :D
bernie