WHERE TO BUY CD'S ONLINE (GREAT PRICE,SELECTION ETC)? amazon too high!

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Title says it all! JAZZ and CLASSICAL and HOLIDAY selections.

I am no stranger to purchasing stuff online, and have purchased from Amazon.com many times, but I think that their prices and even their delivery times are higher (longer) than they were in the past.

walmart.com has mostly popular music, and I am looking more for Jazz and clasical.

cduniverse.com seems to be as high as amazon.com

suggestions?

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
Ka-ZAA!!! *sniff* Gesundheit!

C'mon... you *know* somebody was going to say it. And believe it or not, I'm one of the 0.001% of the online population that doesn't do any file sharing on teh intarnets.

Have you considered buying used CDs on Amazon? I haven't had a bad experience yet with purchasing used CDs or software, but perhaps I've been extremely fortunate.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I am not going to do Kazaa for 3 reasons:

1, it seems to be a real bugger to set up with my DSL, and I am a computer professional of 16 years. I spent about 4-5 hours one evening trying to install Kazaa but with no success.

2. Security concerns.

3. Well, I dont want to go to jail!

Now, I am NOT above the possibility of burning a CD for a friend, or making a copy for myself, but I will only do that at home, with friends, never at work!

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was interested in buying miles davis box sets... Someone could figure out where the best deals are now.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes Overstock.com has ok prices. The used one's on Amazon are a good deal, too--many are "like new", which is good enough for me.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
You could always get an ebay account and a paypal account and try searching for the title with options set for buy it now and paypal accepted.

paulr

Flashaholic
magnatune.com. Lots of music, almost all of it good, you can download for free or buy higher bit rate downloads or physical cd's. They're my favorite record label.

CobraMan

Newly Enlightened
Another one that is similar to BMG is

www.columbiahouse.com

You can get some good freebies for signing up and good deals usually come around often where the average cost is ~$7 as well. Of course, you won't find this weeks releases there or every CD ever pressed but they do have a good selection.
Cheers,
Tim

P.S. Igore this information - just discovered that Columbia House Music closed on September 1, 2005, and folks are now directed to BMG. I guess I did not read my monthly mailings close enough - what an idiot :ohgeez: :ohgeez: :ohgeez:

Last edited: