• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Q3 with TW0J and 2 stage clickie

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'll throw this up just to see what the response is. I have a black Nuwai Q3, modified with a TW0J star and a 2 stage clickie... switch pattern is 'off - low - off - high' etc... It's basically in perfect condition and I have the box and holster as well. It runs perfectly well with a primary 123 and will be 10%-20% brighter than a stock Q3 with an S-bin star, and with the W0 tint, you are guranteed a very, very white beam. This one has a very slightly yellow tint to it, giving it excellent color rendition of greens and browns.

I've been running it on MP rechargeable 123s for the last couple weeks or so and the result is impressive to say the least. It takes it from 'slightly brighter than a Fenix' to another class entirely - I'd have to guess it is 40% to 50% brighter than the already bright T-bin on the primary 123 cell and closer to 60% to 70% brighter than the stock S-bin on a primary 123 cell.

And since it has a 2 stage clickie, with the R123 cells, the low becomes VERY useful.

I offer the modded light with a fresh primary 123 cell for $45 shipped and I can add 1 or 2 of the MP R123 cells for an additional $5 each. They have each had about 15 charge cycles. I'd prefer to keep this in the US for now. I can accept CC or cash paypal for the same cost.

LIGHT IS SOLD PENDING FUNDS! Thanks taiji!

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Q3 with TW0J and 2 stage clickie

Here are a few beamshots. These are all from 15 feet. First is the light on high, with a primary 123 followed by the light on high with the R123. The difference is quite a bit more impressive than can be seen here.

IMG_1931a%20Q3%20Primary%20Hi.jpg

IMG_1929a%20Q3%20R123%20Hi.jpg

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

And here we have the light on low, first on the primary, then on the R123 cell.

IMG_1930a%20Q3%20Primary%20Low.jpg

IMG_1928a%20Q3%20R123%20Low.jpg

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's a GREAT deal for a great light. I'd buy it if I didn't have exactly the same thing already.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah... it really is a pocket rocket... Lots of light from a small package and with the rechargeable cells, essentially free to run after you buy the light.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's the perfect EDC for someone who has Corvette taste but a Chevette budget.

How can you go wrong at this price? You can't.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

LumenHound said:
It's the perfect EDC for someone who has Corvette taste but a Chevette budget.

How can you go wrong at this price? You can't.

I think he just called my light a Chevette...
rant.gif

Just kidding... it's true. No one would have imagined this sort of light from a package this small would be available at this price two years ago. I don't even think small custom lights were quite this bright two years ago, were they? Or am I just getting old?

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast

T bin lux 3's were available 2 years back but you would have had to dig much deeper into your pocket to end up with a small high performance light.
Serious cash.

Rechargeable Li-ion batteries were scarce but the Pila brand rechargeables were starting to slowly make their way into the marketplace. Even nicads were still used alot.

Just imagine what things may be like 2 years from now. :)