Amilite is unbelievable

Kiessling

Flashaholic
It is amazing to see that a simple seemingly well-engineered one-stage twisty in a relativey small form factor with high drive current and short runtimes causes so much excitement. Just like in the old days ... :D :D ... and I have to admit, I feel the "urge", too.
bernhard

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Litemania!! Heeh...

Kiessling, we all love things cute and small. Especially if they're lights :D We just need to own 'em all. But the size and twisty operation may make it a little 'unwieldy'. But it's just so gorgeous :)

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
You could try e-mailing the address on the website.

English is commonly taught in the ROK, and many Koreans are at least moderately proficient with written English (but may not be proficient with converstional English).

onthebeam has recently met and talked with the Amilite's designer. I don't know if that means the designer speaks English, onthebeam speaks Korean, or both.

onthebeam

Enlightened
Hookd_On_Photons said:
onthebeam has recently met and talked with the Amilite's designer. I don't know if that means the designer speaks English, onthebeam speaks Korean, or both.
I'm met with the JIL designer but they are two different companies.

I have contacts in Seoul. If you think we should go for it, perhaps we could make a communication seeing if it's possible to obtain a group buy price. .

Last edited:

onthebeam

Enlightened
Since LEDCandle and HookedOnPhotons have suggested, I have sent an inquiry to Amilight to see if a reduced price is available to CPF members. If they don't reply within a few days, I'll see if my contacts in Seoul can make a call on them. As I read the website, to ship to the U.S., the price now is $72 plus $12 shipping, totaling $84.

Last edited:

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
Darn, I'd already sent a PM to Litemania before reading onthebeam's reply.

Oh, well.

onthebeam: 감사합니다 (kamsahamnida)

Last edited:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
this would make a good christmas present to ourselves. It sure puts out A LOT of light. I just wonder about the beam-quality; one would think it would be good with a glass lens and a smooth aluminum reflector, but i dont know. I cant believe it has as much output as my PM6 3w.

-David

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
If these pocket rockets were two-stage, they'd be irresistible.

I can barely convince myself not to buy one of these, because it's single stage.

If a high-low version turns up, I'm going to have some explaining to do to my wife. ("Now you're ordering flashlights from halfway around the world?!")

Sheesh, I can remember when I thought an Arc LS was the *ultimate* high-tech light. Now they're like classic cars: treasured more for aesthestics and nostalgia than for sheer performance.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
one of these days someone will put a resistor in the tailcap and make it two stages, when that happens, you can make it up to your wife by buying her one too. :)

-David

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
I *almost* convinced her I needed a Fire~Fly 2 on the basis of its size, aesthetics, and features. Then I told her the price and I got "the look". (You married guys know what I mean.)

But she's warming up to flashlights, thanks to the Q3 and now the Fenix L1P.

The JIL has undergone some pretty rapid evolution. There's a version with a low Vf emitter (TWOH), the DD and regulated versions, even a version with a Flupic module. The Korean designer and manufacturer have been quick to respond to the demands of the flashaholic market.

I wonder if the Neo T3 will undergo a similar process of evolution?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
other than two stages ( JIL doesnt have 2 stages does it?) the Amilite doesnt really need evolution IMO. But I dont own one.... yet.

-David

onthebeam

Enlightened
Hookd_On_Photons said:

Well, English is my native language, but I don't claim to be very good at it!

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
onthebeam said:
Since LEDCandle and HookedOnPhotons have suggested, I have sent an inquiry to Amilight to see if a reduced price is available to CPF members. If they don't reply within a few days, I'll see if my contacts in Seoul can make a call on them. As I read the website, to ship to the U.S., the price now is $72 plus $14 shipping, totaling $84.

Even if we didn't suggest it, no harm asking :D
A feeler can always be done first...

Hmm, true about the 2-stage thing. I don't have enough multiple stage lights and this might be a witholding factor...

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
Warren replied to my PM.

He's not going to be doing a groupbuy, nor will he be acting as a dealer for the Amilite.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hookd_On_Photons said:
Warren replied to my PM.

He's not going to be doing a groupbuy, nor will he be acting as a dealer for the Amilite.

shucks! :)

-David

onthebeam

Enlightened
HEY!! It's gonna happen. Thanks to our fellow CPF members who suggested I contact Amilite to obtain a group buy price. I have just received back a positive message from the CEO that he is happy to do this for us.

As I write this on December 3rd, Amilite is waiting for a large shipment of T bin LEDS. They use T bins exclusively, he tells me. So, expect a delay of about a week until their shipment arrives in Seoul before lights can be manufactured and shipped.

By the way, I have no commercial stake in this offer whatsover. Just trying to help spread a little holiday cheer since I have some contacts in Seoul, (one of the great cities of the world, by the way). So, please contact Amilite directly to obtain the CPF price for the Amilite Neo T3.

Drumroll. . . A $10 discount for CPF members. This lowers the price from $72 to $62 for us. EMS Shipping with Tracking is $12, with discounts available for quantity, as explained on the Amilite website. (If buying 8 units, the shipping drops to just over $4 each, for example)

Here's a link to Amilite as well as to Doug's just released glowing five star review.

http://www.amilite.co.kr/

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/amilite_neot3.htm

If you have questions, it's best to email Amilite, and not me. I'm just the bearer of good news, and not the contact for ordering:

[email protected]

Again, please contact Amilite directly to order. Don't order here.

Last edited: