LED amber side-marker mod question

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I swapped out the amber side-marker assembly on my car for a clear set. Now matching up the color of the headlights with the foglights and the side-markers is a challenge. The foglights and headlights look good together but the white bulb in the side-markers, when compared to the xenon headlights, looks blah. Also, it's illegal because I need an amber side-marker.

I was about to buy these bulb replacements but thought I'd post a thread to see if anyone has ideas on how to make it an LED mod instead.

What would be kewl is an Amber LED but I'm not sure if it will illuminate the assembly housing properly. What do you guys think?

Here's the Bulb option that I will do if I cant get the LED version modded.
Stealth Replacement Bulbs
Although I'm talking about the front side-marker, not turn signal.

Thanks for reading :)

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm waiting for someone to market copper base LuxeonIII red/amber/red-orange replacement bulbs. They'd have the lambertain pattern for all angles, and the flux needed. Of course they'd need a decent voltage regulator, or at least a large resistor and diode...

On another note Ebay has some with lots of spyder sflux leds in a round pattern that looks pretty cool. all kinds of variations.

What size do you need? 194?

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the link. Those might work. I need to go out and measure a bunch of the sockets in my car, including the sidemakers :)