Anyone noticed how the Fenix L2P is Dying

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
in the dealers corner ?

Too much competition I suppose.

I've got about five 2/AA luxes on the display, all cost less.

Hmmm, maybe we'll get a price drop.

paulr

Flashaholic
I'm waiting for some reviews before getting too interested in the L2P. Frankly the concept doesn't excite me that much. From what I can tell it's the same as the L1P except twice as big and heavy, with more runtime.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me the 2AA doesn't work but the 1AA does. I simply like the small size and the excellent brightness in the compact package. Modding to a two-stage brightness is a valuable plus. The 2AA would be brighter and better regulated but even with a two stage mod the light is big enough that I don't want to carry a small stick around. Instead I like carrying a twig- the 1AA Fenix.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt I'll ever carry it... Just something new to play with.

I know a lot of guys that have a Surefire E1 and E2... same thing.

alberto

Enlightened
Not interested in the L2P. Too long, too big. If I want double the runtime, I'll carry an extra AA for my L1P and enjoy it's small size. that's the beauty of the L1P -- outstanding brightness for a small 1xAA light.

BackBlast

Newly Enlightened
From what I can tell the L2P touts "full regulation" as opposed to the simple boost the L1P has. This is the only major difference I've spotted other than the obvious difference of the added cell. But I agree, the main selling point is a single cell AA with quality features (UCL, HAIII, etc). What they should have done with the L2P was put in a T bin Lux 3 (and fully regulated 700 ma) to have some good competition with the Lux 3 minimag mods which seem to be popular. My opinion anyway.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd assume that will be along shortly... But, with the advent of R and even S bin Lux Is, T bins aren't quite the HUGE step forward they were when P bins were the best available and even nice ARCs came with M and N bin LEDs...

BackBlast said:
What they should have done with the L2P was put in a T bin Lux 3 (and fully regulated 700 ma) to have some good competition with the Lux 3 minimag mods which seem to be popular. My opinion anyway.

ledled

Newly Enlightened
I was expecting L2P cost a lot less than L1P. But the L2P cost little more then the L1P. It would be on the same bar as L1P if it's a Lux III. 2 AA cell Lux I has way too many competitions. I don't see a reason to get a L2P because I can get use the L1P with extra batteries to match the longer runtime. Unless I'm in a profession where changing a cell makes a life or death difference.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Dying already? I do not even have one yet and they are Dying? Clue me in, who has one already and it is failing already. I am already pre-paid for one and had no clue they were out and about and dying, sounds like I got ripped let me know please.
Topper

Schuey2002

Enlightened
By "dying", I think JohnK is referring to the thread by CEJ where he says that Fenix doesn't want him to sell them on this board. And not that the lights are actually "dying" on people.. I think that's what he means, but I could be wrong. :)

Topper

Flashaholic*
What 2 whistles and some smoke? I do not make lights. IS there a real problem with this light? I honestly want to know, I have an investment for one so clue me in if is dying on purchase> If not shame on you boys that want others to think they are bad. I would like a reply from you guys not a PM a straight up on line reply so every one that may have shown interest in this light
can be warned off or be sure you might have been miss taken in your choice of words
Topper

waion

Newly Enlightened
Fenix does have a very strict control over the retail selling price (not less than $44.95 for the L1P) and market place (e.g., not in the mainland China anymore, but only later). She is the most successful 1AA 1W light distributor at the moment and she got the power to do so. It's all about profit control we all know.

I know there are some nice 1AA 1W lights coming up soon to compete with it for the huge market. Let's see what new toys we flashaholics can have and how does the market change in response to these impacts.

Last edited:

Raven

Enlightened
I'm just waiting for some reviews to come in, before I buy one.

If the L2P sells well maybe we'll see an L3P next

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
Sounds interesting, but its been done before. My minimag with the new ministar2 also has a R bin luxeon I. So brightness should be aproximetely the same, depending on how they drive it. While the better regulation would be nice, it aint worth $50. I don't really care for HAIII in a beater light, its a tool, not something you would display on your shelf. SO unless it is some wonder light, it's not for me.

The L1P was great, because there was nothing that really compares. The L2P has lots of comptetion.

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
TrueBlue wrote: For me the 2AA doesn't work but the 1AA does. I simply like the small size and the excellent brightness in the compact package. Modding to a two-stage brightness is a valuable plus. The 2AA would be brighter and better regulated but even with a two stage mod the light is big enough that I don't want to carry a small stick around. Instead I like carrying a twig- the 1AA Fenix.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is an interesting notion.

A really great small light...but not one that would be EDC.

I carry my ARC AAA (green) every day (EDC).
So... what role would the Fenix L1P perform for me?
I have a number of LEDs that I've "collected", but if we are talking to really use... would I get an L1P? Now I'm beginning to wonder.

Maybe the money is better spent for the updated, brighter, ARC AAA?

If the Fenix L1P would be to use for some other role, wouldn't one of my other lights (like that wonderful ProPoly Lux!) get used instead?

My needs are getting fullfilled by basically 4 lights now:
1. EDC... ARC AAA (can't see how this could be much better)
2. Around the house... Dorcy 1 AAA, the rubber barrel for clenching in the teeth is great!
3. Walking/camping... Infinity Ultra, lanyard makes this really useful with looong run time
4. Spotlighting things at a distance... Streamlight ProPoly 4AA Lux Wow!

I think if I had a headlamp (Zippka Plus?), everything would be really well covered.

So...is the L1P a really cool light, but one that doesn't fill one of these niches?