New guy again, another question.....

mousezilla

Newly Enlightened
Ok, OK, I used the search function this time and didn't find any threads addressing this (but I'm sure one is out there somewhere!).
I'm interested in finding out more about batteries, specificially the cr123 type.
I checked out some of the links throughout the site trying to figure out if any batteries are head and shoulders above others.

Does it really make any differance whether I use "Battery Station", "Duracell", "Sanyo", "Surefire" or "Uncle Louie" brand?
Are any of these any better or longer lasting than others?

Keep in mind that I'm asking because I may have the oppurtunity for a deployment to the sandbox for a while (non-combat role) and I would like the best or most durable tools with me, the most bang for the buck so to speak.
Mouse

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Search is still on the fritz and will only pick up posts after the "great software change over" a few months ago.

-LT

mousezilla

Newly Enlightened
Wow, everything that you ever wanted to know about batteries but were afraid to ask!

Thanks guys!
Mouse

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Absolutely. Best to get a fresh cuppa java before starting in on it. You could be pouring over all that data for a while.

greenLED

Flashaholic
While you're at it, try some of the vendors listed on the CPF Specials thread (link on my sigline, or sticky on the Dealers section). AmondoTech and BatteryStation offer good quality batteries at low prices ($1).

Welcome to CPF!

NFW

Newly Enlightened
Best to get a fresh cuppa java before starting in on it. You could be pouring over all that data for a while.

Dunno if that was deliberate but it's aweome and will appear in my conversations with co-workers ASAP.

Many thanks. :)

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stick around here long enough and it is more likely to be "pooring" than anything else. :broke: :broke: :mecry:

Keep a close eye on your wallet. I've a feeling it's going to get much lighter.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
mousezilla, you'll live to regret finding us :naughty:

official newbie initiation ritual:

1) take out wallet and measure thickness with a fine Calibrated caliper

2) Write down the size of the wallet

3) Revel in the size because it never will be that thick again :grin2: VDG

Latest posts