Tim tell her Im OK

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
illuminator196972, well you can tell her that it is atleast cheaper than many other hobbies. :nana:
There is a twelve step program if you need to use it. It usually starts with giving all of your lights away to fellow members. This way you can just become an enabler instead of an addict.
If you would like I will take the first one off of your hands:devil:

mut

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dr. Phil says..."Your wife is a dear sole. Just look at her once. She's very pretty but does she seem happy?
news-underworld1-2.jpg

No.

Does she seem a bit anxious, maybe even mad about something, man?

news-underworld2-2.jpg

I don't think you see what's happened to you. You have become a subterranian dweller, you don't care about wearing a shirt at home, you need a good haircut and a manicure. An annual check-up at the dentist might be good.

GlowingEyesCreature.jpg

It's even affecting your little kitten.

glowing_eyes.jpg

Has she told you your friends creep her out?

morlockeyes.jpg

Do you even have a clue that this bothers her? Do you have a plan...a way to make things better?"

"Uh, buy Dr. Phil a Surefire U2?"

Last edited:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very clever Icebreak! LOL about that last photo with the "creepy friends!" Also, I've just got to say that I really love that movie, "Underworld".

Illuminator, I'd love to tell her you're ok, but the truth is probably that you are indeed addicted to flashlights (that is what you meant, right?). Your only chance at appearing normal will be to, either, call it your hobby, and/or say you are a collector. That way your compulsive buying of flashlights, and unusual enthusiasm for them can be easily explained.

Empath

Flashaholic
Actually, everyone is out of step BUT us. Here's the reason.

The reason the dealers keep offering new models and products, is, because they recognize the marketing advantage in doing so. Their actions are designed to appeal to the "gee-whiz, I've got to have that" natural reaction.

The reason the manufacturers keep producing new and improved versions is because they know their businesses would become stale and stagnant with only the same products. Recognizing that it would be completely unnatural for customers to keep buying and buying the same non-consumable beyond consumer need, they attempt to appeal to the natural appeal of wanting the improved or new product. They know they can depend on the nature of normal people.

The reason the modders keep introducing new innovations and improvements on the existing products is because they want to share the excitement with the group, and demonstrate the abilities to come up with the improvements and innovations before it's even conceived of, or addressed, by the manufacturers. Then too, the same as manufacturers recognize the appeal in an improved or new product, they offer opportunities for those with these natural desires to obtain the new product or innovation.

So, if there's blame to be placed for filling every shelf, drawer and cabinet of our homes with flashlights, it should be placed squarely at the feet of the dealers, manufacturers and modders. It is they that try to appeal to a natural drive. Then, when their effort is thwarted by the throng of people that stifle nature, and attempt to make it appear that it is they that are "normal", all we can do is just shake our heads. :shakehead

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, in keeping with the feel of Empath's post, you can just tell her, "but honey, if I don't buy all these flashlights then the modders and manufacturers producing them won't know that they are moving in the right direction. They need positive feedback, and I feel it is my scientific duty to support their advancing steps which will lead to further advancements and innovations! Honey, don't you see? I'm not crazy and addicted, I just want the world to be a better place and for technology to advance in spite of all those that do not care. And that is why I just spend $300 on small flashlight the size of my thumb. :grin2:"