OK, here is the deal. I used to do some DJ'ing several years ago. A few weekends ago my wife and I went to a wedding and the DJ there was HORRIBLE!!! This sparked the interest of doing it myself again. I have had many ideas for lighting, and this is were I need someones help. My lighing rig is going to be PC of PLC controlled (depending on what I can get) and consist of about 30 or so LUX I's / CREE 7090's OR LUX III's / CREE 3 7090's (not sure on the brightness levels. I plan to use in groups of 3 so I can get the running voltages close to 12v for ease of use (12v regulated power supply and dropping resistors with solid state relays). I am thinking of 2 rigs with 3 each of BLUE, GREEN, AMBER, RED and WHITE.

The wall is this... I tried some LUX I's (LD's) with no optics and the light pattern was TOO wide. I tried some FAREN optics on them and those were too tight. I know there are other optics out there like 30deg and 60deg and so on. What I am looking for is someone who has some of these different optics to let me borrow them so I can compare the outputs to find the best effect.

If anyone can help me with this it would be GREATLY appreciated.

AAnd I will post my light rig here when it is finished.

Thanks in advance

Jeff