Confused E2L or HDS EDC 42

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm struggling to pick between an E2L and HDS EDC B42. Both have distinct uses however I have to be budget conscious so buying both isn't an option presently.

The E2L allows me to use the KL1 on a 1x123 Aleph body and I can also use the McE2s on either.

HDS B42.

Which might you suggest? I'd welcome any other options to muddy this purchase if it is at the same price point. ;)

TIA

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
hds... cheaper... more adjustable... a rcr123 liion will last a long time in the HDS and not so long in a KL1... don't have to worry about F04 to get good flood... the HDS has good flood already...

...Jared

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
It depends on how much spill you want. The E2L will throw very well but at the expense of spill. But if you want a long running (on two cells) long throwing light then get the E2L. I think I would get the B42 myself (from OpticsHQ w/CPF discount ;)).

Luxman

Enlightened
I would go with the HDS Basic 42. Excellent overall beam characteristics and most versatile. Also get a couple rechargeable Li Ion batteries and save in the long run.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
As an owner of both, I would 2nd the HDS. I love my KL-1's but if you get only one the HDS is the best in value for reasons already stated. VDG

markbUK

Newly Enlightened
I've already got a U42 and was thinking about this yesterday, ie get a KL1 & vital gear single cell body, but ended up thinking I'd be better off with another HDS. but then again I might just get the KL1 to play with on R123's. trouble is the KL1 would be too bright for a lot of the time hmmm looks like another vote for the HDS the Basic 42 is really good value against the other options

Mark

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Longbow said:
A Mini-M@g is alot cheaper, and won't hurt as much when it's stolen. :laughing::devil:

LOL, yeah.

I just sent in an order for the HDS B60...was sooooo tempted to also get the E2L or even a KL1. With X-Mas 20 days off, I know something is going to come up that will tempt me. (Maybe an Aleph2 in the BST section. ;) )