Lost

tb2776

Newly Enlightened
Ok, my flashlight collection is modest compared to others so maybe the fact that I just cannot find where I left my G2 is a senior moment rather than a result of having a few too many flashlights (no such thing, right?).

Have others "misplaced" flashlights? And I don't mean losing a light because you were camping, fishing, caving, or doing some other activity where losing a flashlight is a distinct possibility. I mean putting it down or storing it away and then totally forgetting where the heck it is.

Just curious.

P.S. I think Santa is bringing me a PT EOS (guess I was a good boy this year).

Learjet

Enlightened
They're like car keys, you have to store them in the same place everytime otherwise you'll forget.

Everyready make one with a flashing red LED for the forgetful among us. :)

savumaki

Enlightened
It would be nice if someone came up with a light that had a locator beeper like some phones :huh:.
Or maybe just a small add on beeper that could be attached to any light so only the ones that can't find things need buy. (should of thought of that for my keys)

Karl

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea that would be nice, get lojack for our lights...lol

I recently misplaced via my children my TnC N cell proto, I never really knewh ow how small those lights were till I couldn't find it. I had to offer a reward to my kids to help me get it back. ended up I found it 4 days later in the kids toybox.

I also misplaced my Lambda HDIII I had it in plane sight on the table went to bed got up for work saw it on the table and when I came home.. poof it was gone again same as above had to offer reward to kids to help me find it.

now off to find a locator for my lights

doug

Learjet

Enlightened
My mother used to always lose her keys so we got her one of those locator thingies where if you whistle at the right tone it answers beep beep beep! But then half the time we couldn't whistle for laughing.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Princeton Tec Surge that is MIA. It was lost on a 3 story house with 3 kids though so... it was probably kidnapped and then forgotten about rather than actually lost.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
that's why I get an extra when the price is right. once you have enough you cant help but find one when you need it

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, but recently I misplaced a Microtech Vector, with a black combo blade. The most embarassing part is that I probably threw it away with the package boxes I opened with it at the time.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I never misplace any light. They are all dear to me, even the less-than-optimal ones.

And yepp, the yellow G2 is cool :cool: ... I immediately fell in love with that one when I got it a few weeks ago.

bernie

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I've actually probably lost about 10 lights... The Surge is the only one I would really like to see return. I think I lost a couple of the squatty LED lights from Walmart that have the spot beam... About two Minimags and one fake Minimag that I always quite liked... two rubber Garrity lights (one 2xAA, one 2xD) two of the stainless Garrity (one 2xAA, one 2xD)...

Nothing major, but they add up.

greenLED

Flashaholic
My X5 HA went missing for a couple of weeks. Went :hairpull: looking for it, finally gave up... weeks later, I found it wedged between the matress and the boxspring in our bed. No clue how it got there.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't lost any in the past year, so I'm lucky. I bought a lot of lights when I started, then I figured out what to do with them, so each light has its own place to stay. I have 1 in the garage, 1 on my computer desk, 2 in the car, 2 by the bed, 1 in my briefcase, etc. Theoretically then if I need one I know where it is, and where to put it back when I'm finished.

Also I bought most of them to use, and I bought reasonably priced lights, si if one does get lost I'll just buy a replacement and go on.

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
I absolutely panicked when I misplaced my HDS U85 the day after I got it. Spent hours searching high and low, only to discover it had rolled in between the sofa cushions. I vividly recall the sensation of sheer panic, how the world just seemed to stop rotating because my new prize was just GONE....

I currently employ Tritium glow vials to my sets of keys and my EDC lanyards so I guard against losing them to the most dreaded enemy of all... the dark!

(Flashaholic or what?)