• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mini-HID Run 2

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Second Run has started!! Deposits are now being accepted.

The original thread can be found here.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/98946

Prices is $240 + Shipping $4 us / overseas upon quote

Mini-HID Includes

Stock 2d Cut down 3", re-threaded and bored to house the Welch Allyn 10watt Solarc Ballast and Lamp.

Tailswitch with positive feel 3amp rated switch. (Mini-HID only draws 1amp)

4 x CR123 2x2 configuration Modamag battery holder (Qty 1). 3 RCR123's plus 1 dummy cell could be used also.

Ballast is not potted therefore if ever needed it can be removed and placed into another host.

Modified stock relector.

I will not be offering the Aluminum reflectors in this run as there getting harder to find. The Stock reflector performs great. You can always upgrade later it's simple as uncrewing the bezel and poping in the new reflector.

I will need a $100 deposit for each light.

I will be on Vacation from tomorrow 12/6 until Sunday 12/11. I'm not sure if I will have access until then.

Mac

Mini_HIDs-vi.jpg

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Current Status

Frank C..........................Silver Mini-HID + UCL (Paid in Full)
PoliceScannerMan.............Black Mini-HID + UCL + Finned Head (Paid in Full)
elnino.............................Pewter Mini-HID + UCL (Paid in Full)
Lunal_Tic........................Silver Mini-HID + UCL + Finned Head (Paid in Full)
Andreas.............Custom Black Mini-HID + UCL (Deposit Received)
Grox..............................Blue Mini-HID + UCL (Paid in Full)
Bobo.............................Blue Mini-HID + UCL + Finned Head (Paid in Full) C

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't afford one right now... maybe in March or so but out of curiosity, with the mods needed to build this light, would it be feasible to build the same basic light in a 2C host? I really prefer that form factor... I'm not asking you to build such a light for me, just wanting to know if I'm missing anything major about the possibility.

Thanks... great looking lights. I want a Mag mod HID so bad it keeps me awake at night!
broke.gif

grift

Enlightened
cmacclel,

ive seen that body in the middle of your pic before. it was in black or all silver. i cant find it any where on the forums now. would you offer those bodies for an additional price? if so i'd probally deffinitely be in for one. also what battery configuration are you doing these ina dn will recharegable 123's work and if so will they produce more or less light and longer or shorter runtime? one last thing if we can find the aluminum reflector can we just drop it in ourselves and what do they usually cost?

sorry for all the questions. just wanna be clear on things before making my decision. im already over my flashlight spending limit but i need a slight nudge to make me hurt the wallet anymore.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Grift the light runs on 4 CR123 battery's and utilizes a Custom Modamag battery holder.

The Mag "C" Host is to small to house the HID Ballast.

You can use the 4 x CR123 holder with 3 RCR123's with 1 dummy cell. Or I could build you a light slighty cheaper that will use only 3 RCR123's. The runtime with 4 CR123's is around 1:20. With the RCR123's around 30-45 minutes.

The Aluminum reflector is just a drop in. You only need to unscrew the top bezel.

Mac

Last edited:

fng120

Newly Enlightened
i would like one but cant pay till after christmas. i would be able to pay in full then. what about rechargeability? what do you need to do for it to be rechargeable?:thanks:

grift

Enlightened
fng120 said:
i would like one but cant pay till after christmas. i would be able to pay in full then. what about rechargeability? what do you need to do for it to be rechargeable?:thanks:

the rcr123's are rechargeable. thats what i was asking about above. therefore yes it can be rechargeable but it wont have the runtime the regular cr123's will produce.

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alrighty, sign me up for one of these. Colour/color wise I would prefer 1. anything other than silver/pewter/black. 2. silver/pewter 3. black. Please put a UCL in my little baby :)

When do ya want deposit money?

Last edited:

Somy Nex

Enlightened
I know i said i would like to be in a 2nd run, but unfortunately my wallet is 'fully committed' until after Christmas/New Year :( :broke:

If you do one at that time, I'll be saving the funds to hop in then. :thumbsup:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Grox said:
Alrighty, sign me up for one of these. Colour/color wise I would prefer 1. anything other than silver/pewter/black. 2. silver/pewter 3. black. Please put a UCL in my little baby :)

When do ya want deposit money?

So your top choice is Silver?

Mac

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you've only got silver, then silver will do nicely! My preference would be for jade, blue or orange, but failing that silver is perfectly fine. How much is shipping to Australia?

edit: thanks for the pm!

Last edited:

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested but was wondering what colors will be available? Something unusual would be great.

Thanks,
-LT

PS Thanks to Somy Nex for the pointer to this thread.

Frank C.

Newly Enlightened
What kind of output do you get with these? 450-500 lumens? Roughly the same as a Surefire M6? Very interested if that's the case...

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frank C. said:
What kind of output do you get with these? 450-500 lumens? Roughly the same as a Surefire M6? Very interested if that's the case...

For the WA solarc system which this light uses: bulb puts about 500 lumens. Expect about 300ish out the front end. These are just round figures. If you searched I think there are lots of posts on this. SF M6 is advertised at about 500 lumens out the front end, more at the beginning of the run. If absolute brightness is your thing, get a aelight 24w or a thor. This baby is about a small bright package.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Data said:
I am interested too. Are you sure you can not get aluminum reflectors for them?

Dave

I have tested the Mini-HID with the Stock Reflector, LOP, and Smooth Aluminum reflectors and I like the Smooth finish the best. Also there is no noticable difference between the stock Smooth and Aluminum so why spend the money??? I do have 2 Smooth aluminum reflectors available.

Mac

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
So even with a full run till dead batteries the plastic reflector won't deform? I've got a Wolf-Eyes 10W that gets fairly warm so I was thinking that a smaller light would get even warmer.

Also if we'd like one of these should we go ahead and prepay or will you tell us when you're ready?

-LT

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lunal_Tic said:
So even with a full run till dead batteries the plastic reflector won't deform? I've got a Wolf-Eyes 10W that gets fairly warm so I was thinking that a smaller light would get even warmer.

Also if we'd like one of these should we go ahead and prepay or will you tell us when you're ready?

-LT

I've never done a full run of batteries. I read here that the stock Mag reflector is good for like 12 watts.

Mac