For those with flashlight/LED websites, how large are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The subject line says it all.
If you have a website about LEDs, flashliights, lasers, or all of the above, how large (in megabytes) is it?

Mine is ~146 MB in size.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig, if you need additional space, I may be able to recommend one passably decent webhost. 300GB of traffic per month and 5GB of diskspace that ISN'T a complete scam (I work in this line, I should know - I have no connection with this company though). $8 per month. I'm currently on it, and it is quite ok.

I host lots of photos on that site, so it has grown to be quite big, 300MB++. But that's where the generous bandwidth and disk allocations are helpful.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Thank you for the offer Kevin, but I have sufficient space at the present time.
As far as bandwidth goes, my website once used 16.7 terabytes of bandwidth in a single day - and that was when it was just a paltry 20 megs in total size.

Mark2

Enlightened
The_LED_Museum said:
As far as bandwidth goes, my website once used 16.7 terabytes of bandwidth in a single day - and that was when it was just a paltry 20 megs in total size.

Hope you didn't pay that huge hosting bill, cause there is something wrong with the 16.7 terabytes number... :wave:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i have 4 jpegs on my flashligh site lol i dont realy know how to make the site but i named it flashlights lol

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Mark2 said:
Hope you didn't pay that huge hosting bill, cause there is something wrong with the 16.7 terabytes number... :wave:
Ni, I was not charged extra whatsoever...that 16.7TB value is what I figured, as the host does not furnish bandwidth values to its customers.
But like I just said, I was not charged for the bandwidth, so they can eat my shorts. :)

Brock

Flashaholic
I don't know how much of my site is the flashlight part but it is 52 meg in size, pretty small. I don't know what my current traffic is, but I know it gets more traffic then any other site on campus, including the University's homepage. One of these days they are going to kick me off, I have had plenty of meeting over the years about the content and as long as it is informational they allow it to stay. I am sure if I tried to sell or push anything it would be gone in a heart beat.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ledhacks is 21 megs, the old Darksbane still has about 15 MB on it, but I think it had about 30 MB at peak.

Not sure how much of Ledhacks is taken up by the shopping cart though... a few MB at least.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My website now uses approx. 0.0506 terabytes (~506 megabytes) and is composed of ~1,065 web pages.
Still receives ~1,000,000 visitors monthly.
So I'd have to say it's chugging rather happily along. :thumbsup:

(The "~" means "approximately")

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I have ~250MB of miscellaneous stuff on my website ... but I use it mostly to host images and the like. The traffic on my few HTML files is minimal.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
16.7 terrabytes of data transfer within 24 hours would mean the entirety of the website was downloaded 835,000 times. Assuming even load within that 24 hours, your host would have been moving 193 megabytes (or ~1.5 gigabits) per second! That kind of traffic would bring most webhosts to their knees if sustained for just a few minutes... at 10%!!! That's enough to fill most of an OC-48 (~2.5 gigabits/second) - which is a decent backbone pipe and downright huge for an access pipe. OC-3 is a fairly standard high-capacity access pipe (~155 megabits/second).

watt4

Enlightened
idle, if I recall correctly, his site at that time was hosted by ATT, and was slashdotted.

probably helped that it was a small and static site at the time. wouldn't surprise me a bit if ATT took up the challenge of keeping that ATT subdomain online.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
You are correct: at the time it was hosted solely by AT&T; with a total content of ~20MB.
Now the content exceeds 500MB and consists of no fewer than 1,065 web pages - only one of them contains no viewable content - it just defines the frames.

metalhed

Enlightened
Boy, I am small fry....

After 7 months in existence I've got just about 7 MB of stuff, with a monthly bandwidth usage of about a gig.

My shared server is good for (supposedly) 1200 MB of storage space and about 65 gigs of transfer a month. I think I'm good for a while...at least. :)

I should be so lucky as to need all that capacity. :D

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Mine's still chugging happily along.
Content is ~884.21 megabytes on ~1,573 pages.
Still snags ~1,000,000 visitors a month; though my counter broke a long, long, LONG time ago so this is only an educated guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.