Click on for ALL Surefire.

wuyeah

Enlightened
I bought the U2 finally. I love the click on tail cap. I feel it is a useful function. Having own other A2, L2, M2, M3, they don't have that same click on function. From what i have known, very few Surefire model are click on.

Why Surefire do not put click on function on all other models? Why only U2 perhaps i think E1E has it too.

What is the reason behind it? I don't believe click on is slower than push button to dim a light. If you use the clip, sometimes when you lift your thigh, the light does accidentally turn on.

I am very curious about the decision that company had made.

Last edited:

WDR65

Enlightened
All of the E series lights have them now as do the L4, L5, L6. Most of the others are designed for tactical use and are known (i think) as dead man switches where if the light is dropped while in momentary operation it won't illuminate you or your partner accidentally. Since this switch is for law enforcement and military units and that's Surefire's primary market I think that's the reason we don't see very many clickies.

Another reason may be that clickies, though handier aren't as reliable as standard tailcaps. I've seen a lot more cases of clickies failing and here on the boards you even see some Surefire clickies that have failed.

I believe that the L1, L2, and the A2 don't have clickies because there is not yet a reliable way to make a two stage clickie. Personally I've gotten to the point where I really like their two stage tailcaps.

Last edited: