Inove T2

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,
I just received an Inova T2 free when i purchased an aviation headset. First impressions out of the box... wow... this is a really high quality flashlight. Although the size is small. It is quite deceiving. The light feels very solid but yet very lightweight if that makes sense. It's got a lockout function and tailcap switch. With the small size of the light you also dont expect much from an output standpoint. Well... i was wrong. I am quite impressed with the light output for the size of the light. Especially the throw. This light throws quite far for an LED. The beam is also pretty perfect all the way around too with no artifacts. I can sort of see where the reflectors may be "stippled" if i hold it up close to a wall. But i dont think that's called an artifact if the pattern is perfectly round. But there's a nice hotspot and decent sidespill.

The light even came with a red lense cover so that i can use it during night flights and not loose my night vision.

Any comments, your own opinions of the T2, or questions appreciated as well.
How does this thing compare with the T3 and larger versions?

thanks

Longbow

Enlightened
Alin10123, the T2 is argueably one of the ten best flashlights ever produced. It boasts a combination of features not available in any other flashlight, one being over 5 1/2 hours of full brightness runtime. Check Quickbeam's review site for more info (www.flashlightreviews.com).

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
I'll trade you for my Inova XO. :naughty:

No seriously, a red lense cap? I didnt know inova made those. Please post a picture of it here if you can. Thanks

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I thought that the red filters weren't supposed to work very well with LEDs.

I never had a T2, but I had the basically identical X0 and a T3 and both were very impressive, esp from a build quality and finish perspectve. I personally prefer a wider spill beam for most of my lights and a lot of folks have issues with the ringy part of the outer beam but it never really bothered me.

Overall, great build quality, beautiful finish and the beam has a good balance of overall output and a wide hotspot if you can live with the lack of spillbeam.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Absolutely one of the best lights they ever produced! A GREAT compromise between the T1 & T3 with throw, britghtness, runtime, & build!!!

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
pfmedic said:
I'll trade you for my Inova XO. :naughty:

No seriously, a red lense cap? I didnt know inova made those. Please post a picture of it here if you can. Thanks

Bose is shipping it out to me. Here's what it looks like.
It's not meant to throw really far. The red light is so that i dont loose my night vision if i'm flying at night and need to read a map or something.

I can post pics of it if you guys want when i get it.

http://www.bose.com/images/popup/flashlight_promo.gif

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Longbow said:
Alin10123, the T2 is argueably one of the ten best flashlights ever produced. It boasts a combination of features not available in any other flashlight, one being over 5 1/2 hours of full brightness runtime. Check Quickbeam's review site for more info (www.flashlightreviews.com).

Longbow... there's an even better one with more brightness, same size, better throw than the T2? which ones? That'd be one heck of a light. I'm still really impressed with this little light. It just looks really small until you turn it on. It's like a miniature cannon of light in the hotspot. It's a slight exageration but you get the idea.

pfmedic

Newly Enlightened
Alin10123 said:
Bose is shipping it out to me... I can post pics of it if you guys want when i get it.

Yeah I want to see it but more importantly. How are you getting one from bose and how can you help CPFers like me get one?

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
pfmedic said:
Yeah I want to see it but more importantly. How are you getting one from bose and how can you help CPFers like me get one?

lol. Well... Bose has an aviation headset for pilots, and uh... well i'm a pilot. haha
So... since i bought the headset, they had an offer for free T2 and free red lense cover. I have no idea how to get one outside of that though. I doubt they will sell it seperately.
I tried a search online with no luch.

Oh well... either it's special order from bose in quantity, or... they paid somebody to rig it up for them, or... it's a special preproduction release that was distributed to bose. At any rate... when i get it in a couple of days, i will post pics.

Irongen

Newly Enlightened
The T2 was my first "real" flashlight, and I just love the thing. Fantastic build quality, decent enough output and fantastic battery life....this may not be the perfect flashlight, but it sure is a darn good one. I wanted my wife to have a good carry light so passed this on to her, now I feel better when she's out by herself driving around at night.

For the price, one of the best lights you can buy, highly recommended.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok... the red lense cover arrived today. Not bad i must say. It's flexible, goes onto the head and wont slip off since the part that goes onto the light is rubber. The red lense is spring loaded so it wont fall back over the light when you dont want it to and when you want to use it, it will small into place. It will still stand on it's head and the lense cover will keep the light from rolling around the table. It also still has some throw left in it. hehehe all in all it's nice! Here are some pics!

inova1.jpg

inova2.jpg

inova3.jpg

inova4.jpg

on the back of the packaging there's a website to who manufacture's this. I think it's only $8. The colors also come in blue or green as well.

http://www.quakeinc.com/opt1.html

You just need to get the right measurement. They have a measuring thing you can print out online. The inova uses a size 1. Same as the minimag.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok... did my best with these beamshots.
I think the settings on the digicam were
f2.8/30
I didn't set them, i think they adjusted by themselves based on the light.

original T2 beam:
inova5.jpg

Beam with red lense cover:
inova6.jpg

It's obviously less light but still very useable light.