Another convert gets an E1L

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just made another convert to the Surefire cult today.. :D

I brought in an E1L for someone else, and even though I have had an older E1e+KL1+Z52 for a long time (as opposed to the newer E1L+KL1+Z57), I am still truly impressed with the E1L. There is something so incredibly awesome about handling it - and this is coming from someone who's easily owned a dozen of Surefire's finest! I'm supposed to know these things, and yet I am still impressed!!

Of course I made sure he got the full kit - quick release clips, beamshaper and a year's worth of cells at one go. But I also did warn him that this may just be the first of many.....

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E1L is one of my most used lights when I'm not working on electrical equipment. It rides in a RipOffs and now keeps an R123 in it's little belly. I'm still impressed with the throw from that small light and love the clicky.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
What accessories would you recco to round out the E1L package?

Bro-in-law was talking to me about the after turkey day sales and how he was going to go look for a 2-D Mag because he needs a flashlight. I cringed when he said that...I instantly knew what he was going to get and his E1L should be here by Thursday. :)

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
leukos said:
KevinL,

You are a good salesman. I remember your black A2 thread.....:sold:

That's the thing, I've never thought of myself as a sales guy, I have always been a techie. Hmm.. perhaps tech advocacy/tech sales beckons :D

Recommended accessories - a F04 and a quick-release clip, the same kind that Surefire put on their lanyards, so I can release my E1L from my keyring quickly in the event that I need to use it. I use the 25mm McGizmo Mini Clip available from the Sandwich Shoppe or Berkeley Point (but I can't find it at BP any longer?)

The F04 provides an optically perfect flood of light for close up work and you can always pull it off for long range work.

Batteries - either a 12-pack of SF123As for infrequent use, my own E1e+KL1 eats SF123s, or if you are a frequent user, a protected R123 and Nano charger. Warning: the E1L/KL1 can easily overdischarge and kill unprotected R123s, that's why I recommend you get the protected versions.

Beyond that, nope, it doesn't need much. It's the perfect starter light, not too big, not too small. 2 years and 50 lights later, I still EDC my E1e+KL1. That says something... it's never left my side despite the fact I have access to virtually all the lights that I could ask for from fractions of a lumen to the walking-sun 3000+ lumen monsters.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks like a rubber nut has been attached to it. I need a new one soon, mines loose and falls off easily

Latest posts