River Rock 2AAA problem?

mrdctaylor

Newly Enlightened
I just got a black RR 2AAA from Target and I've got a question. The switch seems to be messed up, but I wanted to check with others that have this light.

- The "tactical" part of the switch doesn't seem to work all the time. Sometimes when I push it, it does not light up. Also, it feels sorta "mushy" and doesn't travel very far. Is it supposed to move much or have a click feel?
- Sometimes when I tighten the end cap all the way the light goes back off instead of remaining on.
- Also, the threads squeak quite a bit (yeh, I'll lube it if I keep it).

Any ideas? How does your endcap/switch function?

Last edited:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine works fine I have had it about a week now. Loosen the cap up a few turns and it locks out just like it is supposed to, tighten up a turn and a push on the tailcap lights it up, turning down all the way for continual use. I just stood here and shook it turned down all the way, and partly unscrewed and it didnt act odd during that either, sounds to me personally like yours is defective.

Jack Bauer

Newly Enlightened
It's not your light. Most likely, it's the wrapper around the battery covers up too much of the metal contact on the neagtive side of the battery. Mine did the same thing until I took my fingernail and peeled back all of the plastic wrapper ONLY on the BACK side if the negative side of the battery, not peeling the wrapper down the sides at all.

mrdctaylor

Newly Enlightened
***ding ding ding ding***

I think we have a winner. I did what you suggested with the batteries and that seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the suggestion!

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
And for the record, there should be no clickie feel to the tailcap... it isn't a clickie, just a cheesy momentary contact tailcap.

Still, probably one of the very best 'value per dollar' lights going these days.

Jack Bauer

Newly Enlightened
mrdctaylor said:
***ding ding ding ding***

I think we have a winner. I did what you suggested with the batteries and that seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the suggestion!

:)