Dead Streamlight 3c Propoylmer Lux

lingpau

Newly Enlightened
After waiting 3 weeks for my backordered SL 3c PP, it finally arrived today. I carefully put in 3 brand new c cells and put the light back together. I could hardly wait to see the beam. I clicked the switch, and nothing! Brand new light, brand new batteries! (test meter confirmed 1.6 volts for each cell) I double checked to see if they were all in positive end toward the front of the light. They were! Bummer! clicked the switch again- nothing! What could be bad in a brand new light? It seems to have all the parts and pieces. Now I am worried that the other 4 SL 4AA PP that I'm giving away for presents should be checked. Packaging prevents that. Has anyone else received a bad SL PP from Streamlight? Now more waiting for my light to be returned and only then will they(Fox International) send me out a replacement light. Has this happened to anyone else with these lights?

jtice

Flashaholic
Sorry to hear that.

Streamlight is good about this sorta thing though, and will replace it.
Its a bummer it will take time, but they will sort it out.

I am not hearing any of this elsewhere, ppl LOVE the 4AA, including me.
So you are probably ok on the others, your just got an unlucky one :(

BTW, you will love it, once you get a working one, great lights.
I have but mine through a few caves and hard drops, still ticking.

~John

Grubbster

Enlightened
I have not heard any complaints about the 3C. However there are several reports of bad switches on the 4AA. One of the three I have bought had a bad switch. Same problem as yours. It would not light up with new batteries. Streamlight will fix them if you send them back. I just played with my switch for a while, clicking it off and on, and it seems to work now. I believe if I were you I would open those gift packages and check them. You can repackage in another nice box. Nothing worse than getting a nice gift that does not work. :thumbsdow

altoon

Newly Enlightened
I had the same problem with one of my 4AA's until I tightened the threaded plastic ring that holds the switch in place, the part that the rubber boot fits onto.

I thought I had a bad switch at first. Then I noticed the rubber boot seemed like it was turning, so I turned it clockwise, just using my fingers until it was finger-tight. It's worked fine ever since.

jtice

Flashaholic
Just got my second SL 4AA Luxeon today.
Its even better than my first one,
tighter beam, getting about 2850 lux (400 lux more than my first one)
:rock:

~John