Non-functioning Thor quesion

bumpus

Newly Enlightened
So I found a link on CPF to a Thor 10 mcp reconditioned light. I decided what the heck, and purchased one. Upon arrival, I followed the instructions and charged it for the correct amount of time. When I turned it on, nothing. Dead. So I figured I'd snoop around and see if a wire was disconnected or something simple like that was causing the problem. As I took the battery out, I noticed one of the wires was not connected. Problem solved, I thought.

So I again charged it up, and again nothing. The little red light comes on when I plug it in to charge, and the bulb doesn't look burned out. So does anybody have any troubleshooting suggestions? I emailed the company i purchased it from twice, and they have been good enough to not answer me yet. So in the meantime I thought if someone knew of something to look for or a quick fix, I'd just do that. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Shane

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Test the charged battery on a different 12 volt load that draws more than an amp to see what shape the battery is in.
How does the fuse look?
Check the voltage at the bulb terminals to see if you are getting power to the bulb. If the bulb is burnt out it's possible that the break in the filament isn't easy to spot.

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
This is NOT a bad thing......

This just SCREAMS.... "35W HID UPGRADE.... WAAAHOOO!!"

Have a good one.