is it hard to grow fishing worms

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im thinking a maeking extra money with fishing worms are they hard to breed or grow or what ever ya call it?

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
The worms do all the work! All you need to do is provide the enviornment.

When I was a kid, my older brother was quite the fisherman. He lived and breathed fishing. In order to save money, he raised his own worms. He used a wood box (about 4'x1'x1'), filled with worm "bedding". He had a lid with holes drilled in it. He purchased the worm "bedding". All you need to do, is add water and worms. He kept it in the basement, where it was cool and dark. Those worms never had it so good. He never ran out of worms. Those suckers live to breed! :)

oldgrandpajack

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
The real problem is with the "worm rustlers"..seems every spring, the "worm rustlers" (I've never really caught em' yet, but I've got a plan!)...head on over and proceed to "stampede" the herd! Nothin' like a herd of wild worms slithering all over the highway...a real safety hazard I tell you! :rant:

Then they end up stealing as many as they can and I'm left with an occasional stray (not even enough for a good bowl of worms & tomato sauce or cheese - sometimes I just use ketchup and maybe a little salt & pepper!). Not good for business :broke:...therefore...:thinking:

I'm going to start branding mine! Now of course I need to figure out what brand I'm going to use and then I'll probably have to hire some extra hands to help round em' up and hold em' down, keep em' still ya know. Why do you think they call em' "wigglers"!?! :shrug:

Darned "worm rustlers"...puttin' crimp on my business!! :ohgeez:

Oh and then there's those "Friends of the Worms" folks who are always standing around, dressed up like worms, laying on the road, waving their signs that say - "Worms have feelings too" - "A worm is a terrible thing to waste" - "What if it were your worm?"...etc...

Another hard thing to do is keeping their names organized - I can never remember them all!! And don't even think about gettin' a saddle on one!! :ohgeez::crackup::poof:

Last edited:

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps start a worm ranch. :laughing:

Good luck with your worms Raggie. :)
Don't get too attached to them, :mecry:
or you will quickly end up with too many. :eeksign:

cy

Flashaholic
years ago I dropped some left over worms into my oak leaf compost pile. Now I've got so many worms it's not funny!

don't even need to dig, just turn over a few leafs and worms are a wiggling. my leaf pile is pretty large due to huge oak trees in my yard.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Sigman said:
The real problem is with the "worm rustlers"..seems every spring, the "worm rustlers" (I've never really caught em' yet, but I've got a plan!)...head on over and proceed to "stampede" the herd! Nothin' like a herd of wild worms slithering all over the highway...a real safety hazard I tell you! :rant:

Then they end up stealing as many as they can and I'm left with an occasional stray (not even enough for a good bowl of worms & tomato sauce or cheese - sometimes I just use ketchup and maybe a little salt & pepper!). Not good for business :broke:...therefore...:thinking:

I'm going to start branding mine! Now of course I need to figure out what brand I'm going to use and then I'll probably have to hire some extra hands to help round em' up and hold em' down, keep em' still ya know. Why do you think they call em' "wigglers"!?! :shrug:

Darned "worm rustlers"...puttin' crimp on my business!! :ohgeez:

Oh and then there's those "Friends of the Worms" folks who are always standing around, dressed up like worms, laying on the road, waving their signs that say - "Worms have feelings too" - "A worm is a terrible thing to waste" - "What if it were your worm?"...etc...

Another hard thing to do is keeping their names organized - I can never remember them all!! And don't even think about gettin' a saddle on one!! :ohgeez::crackup::poof:
lol

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i had some ones in my fridge for a bit they must like cold weather cause when i bought em thats wwhere there was so when winter cme i put on back porch but they died but i think the cup filled with rain guess they cant live under water

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggie33 said:
i had some ones in my fridge for a bit they must like cold weather cause when i bought em thats wwhere there was so when winter cme i put on back porch but they died but i think the cup filled with rain guess they cant live under water

Worms have to breath air through their body and can't breath under water; that's why you see them all over the sidewalks after it rains (The soil usually gets waterlogged)

If you are lucky, you would have plenty in your soil. I used to be able to find quite a few earthworms planting things in my yard.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
what should i feed em i live in front a park and lots a woods so i am sure i can find some

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmmm...
Worms enjoying fishing. :thinking:
They probably would if they had arms to cast thier own reels instead of having to "borrow" someone elses arm, rod, reel and hook. :help:

Last edited:

B@rt

Flashaholic
womrvs3ga.gif
:thinking: