Texas Weather

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
And I just LOVE winter weather in South Texas. Wearing shorts and t-shirt this morning.

But, we'll get the cold front tonight. Forecast is for mid-30's which is big-time cold for us.

Tritium

Enlightened
Spur, Texas Here (5 hours west of Dallas). We need any precipitation, doesn't matter what type. 80%chance of snow last night and it did not even get cloudy. No moisture for 3 months now.

Thurmond

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
What we say in upstate New York is, "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and we'll get you something different." And we usually do. Sounds like it's pretty much the same there.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sleet and freezing rain here too in the middle of the DFW metro area.

Oh, yeah, lotsa flight delays and cancellations at our big, international airport.
:rant: :whistle:

mccavazos

Enlightened
The streets in Irving (Between Dallas and Ft. Worth) are covered in about half and inch of sleet. Its gonna be pretty nast tomarrow morning. I guess that means I have work from home..... :awman: ...... :grin2:.... :devil:

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I might just stay at work overnight and bill the company for the overtime. The streets are apt to be a mess around 23:30 this evening...

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
The stuff apparently has slowed down. We get mid 20's tomorrow night. Right now it's drizzly and 40ish. Gonna stay off the road as much as possible since I know how stupid people around here drive when the roads get slick!

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Playboy,
I was in Houston last Thurs-Sat. for the Big XII championship game. I was wearing shorts most of the time. I'm glad I'm not heading your way this week.

The way the front's dipping I don't think we will get the brunt of it here. They are only forecasting mid 30's for the next few nights.

PS: I at at Fogo de Chao on Westheimer in Houston last Fri. night. It was expensive but probably the best combination of a meal and service I have ever experienced. They also have the same restaurant in Dallas, Atlanta, DC and Hollywood. Go extra hungry. If you don't like high quality beef and lamb don't bother going. I ate filet mignon, baseball sirloin, bottom sirloin, lamb chops, lamb steak and smoked salmon. The salad bar alone is amazing. Every piece of meat was about as good as any I have ever eaten and you get as much of each as you want.

Last edited:

TorchMan

Enlightened
My weather forecast was saying 27 for a low on Thursday. That's up to 31 now. All mention of freezing rain is gone. Most people here freak on that kind of weather, but I'd rather have that than 83 for a high and 67 for a low at this time of year. Although low in the 40s and high in the low 60s is optimal.

Dallas/Ft. Worth gets more extremes than we do, summer and winter.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gee, thanks Texas. Appreciate ya.

Here in Arkansas we've decided to deplete the grocery stores. Tomorrow we'll employ our inclement weather driving policy by tromping down on the throttle and slamming on the brakes as often as possible.

Those of us with four wheel drive options have no concern because the laws of physics do not apply to us.

Sub_Umbra -

Here's wishing you a white Christmas...just like last year.

----------------

- Ice

idleprocess

Flashaholic
No overtime being offered ... the roads look drivable enough. It might take 3 times as long, but I'm heading home in about 10 minutes.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Made it home.....
And what a ride it was.
An :eeksign: here, an :eeksign: there, and a few more before I found a way around that icy hill to my place.
Then I almost crashed into my own dam truck while trying to park next to it with my other one when I got home.

Did I ever mention I hate speeding, iceskating 80,000 pound 18 wheelers?
I do now. :mad:

I think I earned a drink this time around, as I'm now reaching for a full MD 20/20 Banana Red right here next to my keyboard.
There was a store open on the safer "scenic" route to my home that had it in stock. :p

Of course, I'll be logging of here in a minute, or two before I get too :drunk:

Goodnight folks. :sleepy:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya, I like the weather in Missery er Missouri right now. Bleeding knuckles, wind burned face, hassles of changing wheels/tires to something narrower/that will have traction, finding out the new tires you bought last winter and sat for a year now are junk.. . ,... AHHHH!! I've only went outside to get in a car/go to a store and I look like I've been severly sunburned, along with peeling skin and all. I feel like I'm quarentined because it's so painfull/deadly out... I'd rather be in texas, at least the winter's aren't so harsh, and there's less humidity in the summer!! If I liked it in the DFW area in august (100+ degrees) more than my state, then that's gotta say something.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
It only took 4 times longer than usual, but I made it home OK. Only a few surprise skidding incidents, but 90 degree turns into driveways or in intersections will tend to do that...

Luxman

Enlightened
Icebreak said:
Gee, thanks Texas. Appreciate ya.

Those of us with four wheel drive options have no concern because the laws of physics do not apply to us.

Sub_Umbra -

Here's wishing you a white Christmas...just like last year.
----------------
- Ice

Only when applying brakes.. :D

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Icebreak

Luxman said:
Only when applying brakes.. :D
:laughing:

Eggzackly. Even one wheel drive cars have four wheel drive brakes. :ohgeez::crackup: