• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Aleph 3

Barefootone

Enlightened
ALEPH 3 SHELF QUEEN FOR SALE.
Used only a couple times, built by Wayne Yamaguchi.

Lux III TWOJ, DB917 converter, McE2s/60 Ohm tail switch, 2x123 & En Tab. Very White center spot with nice side spill.
Paid $176.00, I will let it go for $165.00 including shipping and PayPal fees.
Thanks for looking and keep-em bright in the night :candle: ,
Jeff

Note of appreciation;
Due to an honest mistake with the build, which I did not catch and should have the Light Engine has been changed from the NG750 TXOJ to a DB917 TWOJ.
It's apparent that the constructive comments made by others were indeed correct concerning the use of 2x123's with the NG750. Thanks to all who helped, we have a good community of folks who always will lend a hand here at CPF.
Wayne & Cindy Yamaguchi graciously supplied the new DB917 which has made the Aleph 3 a very good build, thanks to Wayne & Cindy :thumbsup: .

Last edited by a moderator:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want one of these (or something similar) so bad I can taste it!

(Mmmm... anodizing...)

But I just can't swing it right now... someone is gonna get a great deal on a great light!

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TW0J I played with had a TW0J or TW0K at 917 so I'd think 750 would be fine...
thinking.gif

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
cratz2 said:
The TW0J I played with had a TW0J or TW0K at 917 so I'd think 750 would be fine...
thinking.gif

Yeah but the question is.....NG converter on 2x123? Didn't think that was something even thinking of. I don't understand.

Last edited:

Bob_G

Enlightened
Yeah but the question is.....NG converter on 2x123? Didn't think that was something even thinking of. I don't understand.
I think there must have been a failure to communicate at some point. Near as I can figure, unless things have changed, the maximum V-in with a "J" Vf and 750mA V-out would be at best ~4.2V, which would make the NG right on the edge with a single R123 hot off the charger.

I wish I knew more about how this stuff worked, but the above seems pretty clear even to me :)

Hmm, I just noticed it also has a 15ohm low, which I doubt very many would want on a 2x123, especially the A3 head, but is sort of the defacto standard with a single cell.

No offense to Barefootone, but it almost looks like the light was spec'd originally as a 1x123, and for some reason he's selling it on a 2x123 body without realizing the driver consequences :shrug:

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm,

My brain cells are totally faded on this build.

I don't recall doing this build this way. I'm wondering if I built a 1X123 using the NG and possibly a 2X battery tube was purchased later???:huh2:

This really is not a recommended solution I sanctioned. If this was a wiz2 converter board on a 2XCR123 it would be ok. You could run this configuration with one li-ion ??17500??. One of the li-ion cells is the size of a 2X123.

I never recommended the NG beyond 4V with a Lux3 configuration and you'd have to twist my arm on that voltage. (not that I can recall...)

I think I got an M1 Abrams and he got the Aleph 3 as part of the bi-lateral trade agreement. :lolsign:

Wayne

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS ALeph 3 with brand new DB917 converter.

Ah, cool, I was wondering about that. I thought it must have been a typo, but I guess not as it's now fixed to a DB :) Free bump for you!

cy

Flashaholic

another free bump

this setup with DB917 is perfect for 2x protected R123 li-ion.

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good thing it was a shelf queen. Turning it on with the old LE would probably have been disastrous.

Barefootone

Enlightened
Guy's, Honestly I can't make the price more appealing. Surely someone needs a new Christmas present :santa: out there.
Merry Christmas to all & keep-em bright in the night :candle: ,
Jeff
mdyiny06ana3xw.gif

Barefootone

Enlightened
Aleph 3 SOLD

The Aleph 3 is :sold: To Carpe Diem, it will fly on Monday.
Thank you and keep-em bright in the night :candle: ,
Jeff
mdyiny06ana3xw.gif

Last edited: