Stashing an EDC light in your coat pocket

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just remembered that my winter coat (an LL Bean Parka) has an inner zippered pocket. I immediately stuck my Wolf Eyes 6T in there so I needn't remember to look for a light each time I leave the house. A spare 168B cell is rubberbanded to the 6T's body.

Does anyone else like to keep flashlights stashed in various garments as a "no brainer" way of having an EDC light?

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Paul,

Happy Holidays!

I only stash when I'm on the road. Being an anal gearhead, my biggest problem is choosing which light to pocket carry! LOL.

My favorite "Stash Lights" are either my E1e or E2O with a fully stocked SC3 if the trip is an overnighter.

When not at work I strap my E2D to my belt and have a Arc AAAr4 in my pocket.

kelmo

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Paul-

Yup. My winter coat has a bunch of pockets including an inside cell phone pocket with velcro flap. It's too deep for my current phone, but just right for my Inova T2, so that's where it lives.

In case the unthinkable happens and I leave the house without another light, (or 2) (or 3), I'm covered.

Mark

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
yep!

I keep my Lambda HDIII in my winter coat at all times, which goes well with my "other" lights while I'm out.

doug

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Paul,
I'm doing the same thing lately. I tend to leave a River Rock 2xAAA clipped into the inside pocket of one coat (the lighter jacket for "warmer" weather) and an Inova X5 in the heavy (really cold weather) jacket.

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
I have more flashlights than outer jackets, so it should not be a problem, I generally wear the same jacket, and have my Surefire M2 in the pocket, 4 lithium batteries in the other pocket, and a JIL CR2 DD as a neck light. I might have my ARC LSH-S in a trouser pocket, but I generally have a light within reach, whatever I'm wearing.

Malpaso

Enlightened
The pocket on the sleeve of my ECWCS parka is perfect for a G2.

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
I've discovered that a ballistic-nylon double magazine "holster" (made to carry 2 pistol mags) enables me to carry (a) a Peli M6, or similar size light in one pouch, and (b) 2 CR 123s in the other.

The whole affair slips into one of my LLBean type "barn" coat's deep pockets. This arrangement keeps everything tidy, protects the light from abrasions from other stuff (like keys), holds the light upright for easy grabbing, and helps prevent this stuff from spilling out under active movement.

These mag holsters/carriers are generally available at sporting goods stores, gun shops/shows for $10-15. The metal belt clip they come with can easily be removed to keep it slim.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Using 3/4 length wool coat with pockets galore. . .

3[M]iniMag + spare LC14270
McLuxIII.PD
SureFire E1e
SureFire M2

Non Lighting Implement(s): Leatherman Charge XTi w/pocket clip

h_nu

Enlightened
Yes, I keep flashlights year round in my winter coats. I have the River Rock AAA in my dress coat and vary the lights in my other coats. More pockets, more lights! :)

rabbit

Newly Enlightened
All my winter coat has as live-in torch light, QIII, E1L, X1 and new recruits, L1P. And they all share with at least 2 spare batteries. All my bag, briefcase or rucksack has at least 4 spare batteries and a torch. The ARC AAA P is contantly on my neck.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only coat or jacket I wear, outside of hunting, or dress clothes is an old leather flight jacket, and it constantly has a flashlight stuck in the inside pen pocket. It used to be a AAA Minimag but asked for suggestions last week here for a replacement and ended up with a River Rock AAA and it works just great :). Actually it is my second River Rock AAA, the first was confiscated, lol.

When dressing up I put a light in my jacket same as the leather.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
My winter coat Jacket, contains a Longbow ECO (soon to be replaced by a Fenix L2P) A Motorola GP-339 two way radio, pocket, a leatherman, and Zippo lighter,

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMO, Photons were made for stashing in coat pockets. I can also stash a G2 in the inside pocket of two of my parkas.

I would also think that these less expensive lights would tend to be real easy on long life battery storage if they were left in the pocket from season to season. I myself have never forgotten a light in a pocket... well, not more than just a few hundred times anyway. :whistle:

Yooper

Enlightened
I've got a Zipka in just about every outer garment, as well as the center console or glovebox of each vehicle, one in my tackle box, one in each tool box, one in each boat, one in my hunting vest, one in my fishing vest, etc. I think I have a dozen Zipka's in all, collected slowly over several years. Can you tell it's my favorite headlight? The form factor blows away all other considerations. It carries in almost any pocket transparently and is bright enough for all close tasks and has gotten me home by lighting the trail as I walked with hands full after dark when I fished past sunset many a time.

Luxman

Enlightened
I do too. I store a couple of the Peak lights in jackets.
The only problem is, I get to depend on that and stop remembering to pick up a light when taking a different jacket. :)

Makarov

Enlightened
I got a E2e in my right pocket and a MM with a TL-5 and Kroll clickie in my left.
Extra batteries in the inner pocket.

The MM is the general user, the E2e is there for throw and other stuff...

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry a E2E with KL1 and two way switch in my coat pocket as a backup to my edc.