• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Feeler again: Kydex holsters for Fenix L1/L1p

chrisse242

Enlightened
Closed: Kydex holsters for Fenix L1/L1p

Closed. Warren is offering kydex holsters for the fenix. He can offer them cheaper than I can and they do look a little nicer too. Warren is a good guy to deal with and I think there is not enough room for two of us offering them. I also have too little spare time to make them.

Chrisse

Hi all, upon request I just made a kydex holster for the fenix L1P. I carried it for a few days before sending it out and found it to be extremely functional.
I'm thinking of making a small run of those holsters and wanted to see if anyone's interested.
The holster I made is a one piece design without any screws, just holds the light by tension. The light is very secure in the holster and still very easy to draw.

fenixkydex6.jpg

fenixkydex7.jpg

I can offer them for 17$, incl. worldwide shipping.

If you're interested, please post here. If I reach a minimum of five people interested, I'll go ahead and order kydex and start making the holsters. I'll finish them up to the point where I make the belt clips. When I'm ready, I'll post again and ask for a confirmation. Once the orders are confirmed, I'll finish the clips so they match your belt size and send them out.
I can make changes to the design upon request, but I think this is the most pratical design.

Go ahead guys, Chrisse

Last edited:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Feeler: Kydex holsters for Fenix L1/L1p

That looks really nice! Thanks for offering.

One question.... the belt clips, how are you going to make them. If you can make them kindof like a hook that will slide over a belt or the top of your pants (like a Ripoff Holster), I'm definitely in. If however, its a loop were you actually need a belt, I'll unfortunately have to pass.

I never wear belts. :thanks:

cy

Flashaholic

in line for the first one :D

gl22man

Enlightened

in line for the second " if it has a belt clip and not a belt loop "
Mike....

chrisse242

Enlightened

The holsters will have a clip with a hook. I couldn't find a photo of the design in my archive, but here's a schematic:

kydextut2.jpg

The red line is the belt, the blue one symbolizes the kydex. I can vary that to some extent so it will work better when you just slide it over your pants, though I can not give a guarantee on that. It depends a little on how thight your pants fit, you know? Might work better after the holidays. :laughing:
If you want to order one MSaxatilus, I can offer to take it back if doesn't work out for you. You'd just have to pay for shipping it back to me in that case.

Chrisse

cy

Flashaholic

WOW.. $17 what a great price for a custom holster!
Please PM with PP info

thanks for doing this.

chrisse242

Enlightened

Cy, this a hobby, not something I do to make a fortune. (Not that I could do that wit my real life job, anyway) No paypal for now, I have to order supplies first and will accept payments when the holsters are ready. I hate prepayments, they force me to hurry or will cause bad vibes if something doesn't work out.

Chrisse

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Chrisse,

You've made me an offer I can't refuse. Put me on the list.

Thanks,
MSax

chrisse242

Enlightened

MSaxatilus said:
Chrisse,

You've made me an offer I can't refuse. Put me on the list.

Thanks,
MSax

Yeah, next step would have been a dead horses head in your bed, I'd it hate if I had to do this... :crackup:

Chrisse

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast

Chrisse: I'll take one, please. I'll try to keep an eyeball on this list, but if I happen to miss the time for PP, please PM me.

thanks

chrisse242

Enlightened

powernoodle said:
Chrisse: I'll take one, please. I'll try to keep an eyeball on this list, but if I happen to miss the time for PP, please PM me.

thanks

Powernoodle, don't worry I'll pm everyone once I'm finished.

Chrisse

vontech

Newly Enlightened

Please count me in for one, too! Thanks, Chrisse

Tom

jtice

Flashaholic

Id be interested in one, if it could mount in line with the belt.
IE the light being horizontal.

Could the entrance be flared slightly?
So that the light will guide in and slip in real fast also?

You do great work, keep it up.
~John

tntsl

Newly Enlightened

I'm interested in one too! I've been using the case that the light came with but I carry the light in my front pocket so the case is getting pretty ragged. The kydex should hold up perfectly!

Last edited:

chrisse242

Enlightened

jtice said:
Id be interested in one, if it could mount in line with the belt.
IE the light being horizontal.

Could the entrance be flared slightly?
So that the light will guide in and slip in real fast also?

You do great work, keep it up.
~John

Hmm, special wishes? :naughty: It should be easy to make it horizontal, but I found that horizontal holsters often slide along the belt when you draw the light. You'll have to place it near one of the belt loops on your pants.
Not sure wether a flared opening is needed, I had no problems inserting the light in the last hoster I made. But as always, the customers wish is my command. ;-)

Chrisse

chrisse242

Enlightened

tntsl said:
I'm interested in one too! I've been using the case that the light came with but I carry the light in my front pocket so the case is getting pretty ragged. The kydex should hold up perfectly!

Perhaps you'd like yours without the clip? If you don't plan to carry it on your belt anyway?

Chrisse

chrisse242

Enlightened

Ok, I count eight people interested. For the first run, I'd like to make no more than ten holsters at a time. I don't want you guys to wait too long, and I have some other work to do as well.
So there is room for two more for now.

I'll go ahead and order the kydex and start making the holsters asap.
I'll post updates as soon as I have something to show.

Chrisse

gl22man

Enlightened

Hi, not sure if i understand about the clip correctly, will i be able to use this holster on my sweat pants when i do my nightly runs??
something like the rip off holsters with the spring steel clips
Mike...

Last edited:

chrisse242

Enlightened

Gl22man, the holster will slide right over the top of your sweat pants. you have to understand though, that a kydex holster will keep the light with more tension than a nylon sheath. So a little more force is needed to get the light out. This may also mean that it's possible for the holster to come of your pants if there is nothing that the hook of the clip can catch on to. If your sweat pants are like mine, they have a hemline on top and the hook can get a secure grip there. Anyway, I'll give everyone the same option I gave Msaxatilus. If the holster doesn't work out for you, send it back for a full refund. You'll just have to cover shipping costs to send it back to me.

Chrisse