Shark Vs Octopus

CLHC

Flashaholic
Now that can't be REAL now is it? An octopus eating a shark! Unless it's one of those giant octopus versus a small shark.

With a giant squid attacking and/or eating a shark? That's another story. . .One that's not too hard to swallow.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
CHC said:
Now that can't be REAL now is it? An octopus eating a shark! Unless it's one of those giant octopus versus a small shark.

With a giant squid attacking and/or eating a shark? That's another story. . .One that's not too hard to swallow.

Were you listening to the audio? It explains what happens and it's real.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Yes they are. Sounds work fine. Maybe just this instance with the video. I don't know. But fascinating video though. Wish I could hear the audio commentary. . .Animal Wildlife and other Creatures of this nature always peaks my interest!

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
CHC said:
Yes they are. Sounds work fine. Maybe just this instance with the video. I don't know. But fascinating video though. Wish I could hear the audio commentary. . .Animal Wildlife and other Creatures of this nature always peaks my interest!

The commentary was basically saying that this took place in an aquarium. They thought that the octopus would be ok in the shark tanks becuase of the way it camoflauged itself. But then every week for some reason they'd find shark carcasses at the bottom. So one night someone stayed behind to investigate. That was the video that they caught.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
That aquarium is just 7 or 8 miles south of me...I know *exactly* where the Seattle Aquarium is, and how to get there.
But I don't want to see an octopus dining on a shark...icky poo!!! :sick2:

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
One interesting thing to note is that sharks must keep moving to force water over their gills. If they stop they will suffocate in a very short time. Since the Octo was able to anchor the shark in place all it had to do was hold on.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
This is legit, check out THIS link and consider the source. EDIT: I ran across this video a few months ago on a site that {had} other amazing video of the octopus (taco) :)

If you google on [Shark Octopus], you will see that this video is all over the place and in many cases not credited or supported with any info.

Last edited:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kiessling said:
Aw ... google sais I can't watch it in my country ... :(
bernie

Why would it say that? Have the German net police blocked it out? I've read about the net being heavily screened and weeded in China, is the same thing happening there?

Maybe, McGizmo's link will work for you.

If it's on the PBS website, it's got to be real.