Best EDC For Mouth!

makar

Enlightened
Ever thought about quiqlite? :D
QLofficer.jpg

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Princeton Tec Eclipse. It's very easy to take off the key ring and very easy to mouth/teeth hold.

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
G2 isn't too bad. I steer away from biting the harder ones but I have used the HDS in this config, it's midbody scallop lends well to the mouth method :)

kukula

Enlightened
I have used the Orb Raw this way and it works just fine. But just as someone said, dont get drool over it. I believe the soon to be available Son or Raw would even be better since its smaller and has O rings, which the Raw doesnt have. Another excellent light that I have tried using this way was the Lion Cub. Actually I got this idea from yaesumofo's advice. The Cub has a sculpted, more slender body which can be filled up with O rings. The O rings will fit snugly and wont come loose bec the head and the base are larger. Now with the rubber O rings around, you can simply bite all the way without danger to light or teeth :nana:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Never thought that there would be a post regarding "best EDC light for biting" or "mouth"! The only lights that I have bitten/would bite—if I REALLY had to—is the MiniMag.

Well I did choke on that pinky-sized River Rock LED once. Had to find a chair real quick! That's why I would refrain from biting any lights from now on. But that NiteIze Quick Bite for the MiniMag would be great to have since it would prevent one from swallowing accidentally if there was a sudden inhalation for some reason or another like what happened to me. NEVER again!

peachfuzz163

Newly Enlightened
I have to agree with the PALight. I use it all the time when grilling after dark. Drooling is not an issue :) Because it is short it also does not take as much jaw force to point the beam.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Skyclad01 said:
I heard that those die if you accidentaly get drool into them.
I'm surprised that's not someone's sig line. :D

IMO most lights which use 123s or smaller work pretty well in the teeth as long as they don't have more than two cells.

I used to slip a 3/4" long piece of clear vinyl tubing near the end for that purpose but some time ago I switched to using bicycle inner tube. Bike tubes seem to come in a wide range of diameters and the thorn resistant tubes are three times as thick as the standard.

Last edited:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dorcy AAA
That little rubber grip does save on chipped teeth.

-----

Anyone recognise the light Uma Thurman mouthed in Kill Bill vol. 2?

-----

Time to start buying headlamps.