My area got dumped with snow

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I live near Kansas city, and we now have 9 inches of snow on the ground. They have canceled schools, and there have been fatal accidents.

-David

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's headed up my way in Indianapolis, IN. Supposed to get 7" between 4 and 11PM last I heard.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just walked out to see if the mail had arrived - hopefully with my Vital Gear host
buttrock.gif
- and the snow is realy starting to come down. It's only been actively snowing for like five minutes and not a single car has been down our street since it started. Really beautiful.

Might go snap a pic of it.

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, if you promise not to fault my photography skills (or lack thereof
str.gif
), I'll show you what we're getting...

This is just a quick snap looking out the back of my garage across at the neighbors woodshed. There was no snow on the ground 15 minutes ago.

Untitled-1.jpg

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it's been snowing for maybe half an hour and we have almost two inches on the driveway... we might get more than predicted.

I wonder if George Bush cause this, too?
nana.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
nikon: I'll trade you places. You can live here. Plenty of snow right now for you. :) I hate the cold. :p

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
:huh2: what's snow? :D

We get a "fair amount" here in Alaska...anytime, anywhere it snows a lot in a short period can be nasty - especially if you aren't used to it or it's not typical for your region.

In 1984 we left Alaska and lived in Upper Michigan...let me tell you the "Great Lakes Effect" is nothing to mess with!! Seems we had 240" or more of snow that winter. The average for Anchorage used to be around 70", but I'm not sure what it is now.

Drive careful (certainly start stopping way before you need to!), don't go out unless you need to, though it's sooooo much fun to play in! I know I don't need to tell anyone to be safe, and it probably won't make anyone more careful - but it feels good to wish safety upon those affected.

The news said the storm was going to cover Kansas City all the way to New England.

A couple weeks ago, we had -5 degrees for several days...today it's 45 degrees - STRANGE INDEED for us (and yes along with those warm temps, are rain & VERY ICY ROADS!!!!!).

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, we got our 5"-6" just before and during rush hour. I had to go rescue my sister and it took about an hour and fifty
minutes to get about six miles.

I love playing in the snow... but I sure don't like sitting still in the snow. But watching the idiots do idiotic things
is always entertaining.
popcorn.gif

Unless they do it too close to me then it's more like ------>
str.gif

Anyway, hope everyone in the plains states and the midwest is safe this evening!

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
JonSidneyB said:
Snow...pffffttttt

I have been in my car for 6 hours due to snow

oh, sorry man, that stinks. Were you typing from a lap-top in traffic?

-David

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it dosen't normally snow where I live but it has been pretty cold the last few mornings. It did rain last night and I noticed some snow on the mountains this morning.