any dodge fans out there?

jeep44

Newly Enlightened
Well, I'm a Dodge fan,but mine are a bit older-a '41 WC-4 weapons carrier,and a '42 WC-51 weapons carrier. When I am out with the '42, I tell people who ask what it is that it is an "H-zero Hummer":naughty:

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the dodge dude, the bird car with the wing that was used in the movie joe dirt and the military jeep they rebuilt on TRUCKS on spike tv. I worked at achrysler dealer for 2 years in the early 90s. I got to work on all the old K cars, HOO HOO.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I was until last friday when I picked up my Y2K 4.7L V8 Dakota from the dealer after a $3.2K transmission rebuild at less than 51K miles. The POS turdbo 200 in the '82 S10 I drove for 17 years would at least last 60K mi between rebuilds. I had it serviced at the recommended milage. Add to that a rental for 3 days. My next truck will be spelled T-O-Y-O...... end :rant:

Larry

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, dodge has changed for the better, and they have great crash tests on their new models, not to mention nice looks.

-David

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang, Larry. I hate to hear that.

I have a '98 6 cyl Dakota with 60,000 on it. It's been nothing but a dream. Just about bought a new one with 4.7 liter two weeks ago but decided to wait a year. Saw one with a hemi and 17" wheels with that new blue that looked great. The new Dakatos don't look as good as the 2000s to me but they still look pretty cool. The Durango is now a confused van. The RAMs still look great to me.

Threw some 60/235 FireHawks on it a couple days ago. For a truck, it handles really well. Still black and shiney.

Toyos are still kinda ugley but they are great trucks. Yeah, a V8 Toy would be nice.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
i am looking at some dodges now, to replace my ranger that i got t-boned in, the first one i test drove was a 04 silver RAM 1500 quad cab 4.7, 17" wheels 4x4, 17,650 miles the wanted $22,500, next i drove a 01 dakota, v-6 4x4, i did not like it at all, terriblw wind noise at around 60 mph, about a week later which was monday i test drove the daytona ram 1500 4x4, it was SWEET, the wanted $27,000 for it down from $39,00. I had to pass it at $441 a month its over my budget. then i got a call from the dealer and she told me that she would give me the silver ram for $20,000. She called me again an hour later and said she found 2 ram 1500 trucks, one black and one white, both brand new 05's,4x4, hemi, 20" wheels with a shortbed, for $24,000. I think i might tell her to get me the white one, thats if the 06' falls through i spoke to someone about yeterday.

cslinger

Enlightened
I make it a habit to avoid vehicles with the initials Killed In Action and those with a name that is defined by Webster as "To Avoid". :D

I like Daimler Chrysler's designs very much I am simply still not convinced there quality is anywhere near where it needs to be.

I have owned lots of brands. Dodge was at the bottom for reliability.

Currently I have a Toyota Tundra that I love. The best trucks I have owned as far as reliability have been a Chevy S10 with the 4.3 litre and a Ford Lightning.

My two cents.

Flame

Newly Enlightened
I am on my second Dodge Ram. My first was a 2000 model 1500 V8. Nice truck but just couldn't pull a heavy camper and got very poor milage while towing. Last year I bit the bullet and got a 2500 CTD. I put a mild chip on it and am totally impressed with this Cummins Turbo Diesel. This truck just isn't happy unless its pulling heavy or blowing black smoke on a Ford.

vtunderground

Enlightened
tvodrd said:
I was until last friday when I picked up my Y2K 4.7L V8 Dakota from the dealer after a $3.2K transmission rebuild at less than 51K miles.

Ouch. That sucks, and I can relate. Place I used to work had a Dodge Ram, for a while it was in the shop (for transmission problems) literally as much as it was on the road. I've always been a Ford guy, but I've got a brand-new Toyota and LOVE it :)

rodfran

Enlightened
My wife and I drag raced two 440's for over 20 years.
If properly prepared and run within proper rpm range, the are indestructible(forged bottom end). Never lost a motor or a tranny(727). Had to replace a ring and pinion after racing about 10 years, but it was a factory sure-grip unit. Broke a couple of factory drive shafts and installed aftermarket units afterwards. The factory shafts are not made to handle that type of horsepower running with slicks.

From 66 to 71, they made some pretty good muscle cars! The problem is that after you got used to driving those types of cars everything else that came later was not that exciting to drive. However, if Santa would leave a Viper in my driveway.........

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dodge rams are rediculously powerful... the ram 3500 can tow ~15500 lbs... which is first place overall. Dodge also has the most powerful, the 1500 with 350 horsepower, and the fastest, the srt-10 which gets up to 150 mph.

-David

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to love Dodges and some of my family members had them as far back as the 1950's, but dealing with their repair services and corporate rep.'s a few years ago completely ticked me off. I'll never buy one again. Several friends and relatives have also had bad experiences.