Need help w/ making a 2pc. Mag

Enlightened
I am building a light for my mountain bike and am planning on sepaerating the battery tube from the light. I am going to use a 6D tube and a C head w/ 4 Lux III's on a PQS w/ a nflex. How would you complete the battery circuit so that the Pos and neg leads leave the tube and go to the C head and switch? Would you use the D switch as well to complete this circuit or would that add too much resistance? I was planning on having the 6D tube threaded at both ends and use another tailcap w/ a hole for the battery leads to pass through.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

bbaker22

Newly Enlightened
.308 said:
I am building a light for my mountain bike and am planning on sepaerating the battery tube from the light. I am going to use a 6D tube and a C head w/ 4 Lux III's on a PQS w/ a nflex. How would you complete the battery circuit so that the Pos and neg leads leave the tube and go to the C head and switch? Would you use the D switch as well to complete this circuit or would that add too much resistance? I was planning on having the 6D tube threaded at both ends and use another tailcap w/ a hole for the battery leads to pass through.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

Where are you going to mount the 6d tube. Seems like it'll be huge and unwieldy. I went w/ a li ion water bottle battery from batteryspace.com.

On my mag bike light, I drilled a hole in the tailcap and added an external power jack (size n from radio shack). My battery pack is then wired w/ a mail jack to match the light head.

Here is a pic:

LuxIIIb.jpg

Since the switch is just momentary and I believe used for signalling the ui to switch modes, I don't think the resistance is a big factor. I don't believe the switch is really in the power path.

baker